Posted on :
5 Jul, 2016
5 Jul, 2016
The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E The President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 613, 2002 of Parliament. Its mandate is to provide support, guidance and leadership for the national response to the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
As portrayed in its institutional motto, “Working actively and in partnership to combat HIV and AIDS”, the Commission collaborates and works closely with a wide-range of organizations including development partners in carrying out its mandate of management and co-ordination of HIV and AIDS activities in the country. It provides funding support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), non-gevernmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector enterprises, faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other civil society organizations to undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
Mission The Ghana AIDS Commission, as the highest policy making body on HIV and AIDS, provides effective and efficient leadership in coordination of all programmes and activities of all stakeholders (MDAs, Private Sector, Development Partners and Civil Society) in the Fight against HIV and AIDS through advocacy, joint planning, monitoring and evaluation for the eventual elimination of the disease. undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
The Ghana AIDS Commission has vacancy for the under-listed position and invites applications from persons with the requisite qualifications to apply for consideration.
Job Title: Policy & Planning Manager
Objective of Position
• To undertake activities in co-ordination with the development of plans, policies and programmes for effective implementation of the national response.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assists with policy dialogue on the national response to HIV and AIDS between government, development partners, implementing partners and other stakeholders at the district, regional and national levels
• Liaises with donor agencies and other stakeholders with the view to achieving improved planning of the National Response
• Provides technical and / or administrative assistance regarding review / modifications of policy documents
• Applies knowledge of research, planning, analysis, performance management and evaluation of methodologies in the development of strategic and operational plans
• Participates in project design and implementation
Assists to coordinate implementation programme of Work for the National Response
• Assists with the coordination of various fora and meetings for information sharing
• Assists with the preparation of divisional and organizational Annual Reports
• May represent the Division / GAC at sub-committee meetings and other public meetings
• Assist in developing advocacy plans on HIV and AIDS issues
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s degree in the Social Sciences, Development Planning, Health Policy, Public Health or related disciplines
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant post-qualification working experience in the Public or Private Sector
Competencies and Skills
• Strong administrative and managerial competencies
• Leadership and analytical skills
• Considerable technical knowledge and commitment to HIV and AIDS issues
• Adequate knowledge of public service administrative and financial regulations
• Proficiency in use of computer and internet skills
How To Apply For The Job
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below:
The Director General
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Or email us:
Or Tel: 0302-919259
Closing Date: 08 July, 2016