Posted on :
4 Oct, 2016
4 Oct, 2016
The Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons was established as a National Postgraduate Medical College for training specialist in medicine, surgery and related disciplines and to provide for related matters by an Act of parliament on the 28th January 2003. Several factions influenced the establishment of the College including a) frustration on the part of the government on the returns on investment put in The West African Postgraduate Medical College (established in 1975), b) high attrition rate of medical practitioners given sponsorship for postgraduate professional training abroad and c) a strong desire to stem brain drain by establishing a national postgraduate training institution. The efforts of ministers for health, health professionals and the Ghana Medical Association accumulated in the setting up of a taskforce chained by Professor George W. Brobby to make recommendations for the establishment of a national postgraduate Medical college in 2000. In 2001 Professor Paul K. Nyame was appointed the Acting Rector of the Ghana Postgraduate Medical Institution with the responsibility of establishing a secretariat for the College. In 2003 the College was finally inaugurated by President J.A Kufuor with Professor Samuel Ofosu-Amaah as the first President and Chairman of Council, Professor Nyame as the Rector and Prof George W. Brobby as Vice Rector. The first group of residents were enrolled in 2004 and graduated in 2007 with the Membership of Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
• The Project Coordinator will be responsible for directing and delivering all project related activities in accordance with protocol, standard operating guidelines and all applicable regulation in the country. In collaboration with the study Principal Investigator and other Investigator and team members administers research study associated activities.
• The Project Coordinator will initiate and participate in project/research planning, and ensure that pre-established work scope, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed.
• The Principal Investigator will serve as principle administrative liaison for project/research activities.
• Oversees and coordinates the provision of administrative and staff services to investigators; develops and maintains record keeping systems and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reports to the Rector of the College
• Plans and coordinates the initiation of project/research study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
• Develop all project required deliverable, monitor and mange all deliverable related issues
• Prepares Institutional Review Boards/Ethics Review Committee applications
• Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of project/research protocol; may coordinate the collection and analysis of research data.
• Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the project/research and data collection activities; acts as the primary administrative point of contact for internal project/research staff and as the principle operational liaison for other research organizations and regulating bodies.
• Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to investigators and researchers. Facilitate and/or run research/project team meetings
• Develop reporting system of all project management team members
• Monitors the progress of research activities; develops and maintains records of research activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by Investigators, Administrators, and/or regulatory bodies.
• Plans and coordinates regular Steering Committee meetings.
• Carries out the coordination of the details of studies and documentation concerning study protocol
• Develop and monitor Quality Assure system in the entire project life
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree In Social Science or Equivalent. Possession of a Masters degree will be an advantage
• At least 2 years of experience in clinical research and/or other applicable research management.
• Postgraduate experience in project management with research bias
• Individual with MSc or Diploma in Clinical Trials can apply
• Good computer skills. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and MS Project and Bioinformatics
• Computer Competency including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with data storage and analysis systems such as SPPS is an asset.
• Good writing skills
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Strong organization and prioritization skills beneficial skills.
How to Apply For the Job
Send application letter, addressed to “The Rector” to the College Secretariat at 54, Independence Avenue, Ridge, Accra, or electronically to:-
Closing Date: 03 November, 2016