Posted on :
6 Oct, 2016
6 Oct, 2016
The Centre for Policy Analysis (CEPA) was established on the 4th of January 1993 as an independent, non-governmental think- tank, which provides rigorous analysis and perspectives on economic policy issues of Ghana and the developing world.
CEPA has a mandate to promote a non-partisan, informed debate on key policy issues on the economy of Ghana with emphasis on macroeconomics growth and poverty alleviation issues.
Specifically our research deals with fiscal and monetary policy; debt management, trade policy; industrial policy; the social sectors and agricultural policy and aims to propose feasible policy alternatives in these areas. The Centre holds seminars and workshops to share its findings with Ghanaian, African and international institutions and organisations
A newly established not-for-profit policy analysis and research institute, Ghana Economic Policy analysis and research institute (GEPARI) invites applications from experienced highly motivated dynamic and resourceful Ghanaians to fill the following position
Job Title: Driver
The Driver is responsible for driving office vehicles and ensures its maintenance in coordination with the Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the roles and responsibilities of the Driver will include, but not limited to the following:
• Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items between GEPARI and other institutions;
• Meet official personnel at the airport and other designated areas and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
• Be responsible for day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc;
• Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean and in good condition;
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
• Ensure that the appropriate steps are taken in case of involvement in accident or other traffic related incidents;
• Provide backup support in office for making copies and sending faxes;
• Perform other duties as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary School Education, Diploma or Equivalent;
• At least (five) 5 years driving experience as a professional driver, good knowledge of roadways, main government offices, embassies, commercial establishments, etc.; defensive driving skills is an advantage;
• Safe driving record and excellent references with regards to road safety practices;
• Possess a valid International Driving License;
• Excellent knowledge of road safety;
• Prior experience of working with international agencies is highly desirable;
• Good communication skills in English;
• Some computer skills or aptitude is highly desirable;
• Willingness to work after office hours and on weekends is needed, likewise the willingness to provide support under crisis or emergencies, at short notice;
• Ability to work accurately and complete tasks according to specific instructions.
• Must have a very strong ability to work effectively in a team.
How to Apply For the Job
Applications and CVs with the position being applied for clearly marked should be addressed to:
Private Mail Bag,
PMB 61, Ministries, Accra
Soft copies of the applications should be addressed to:
Closing Date: 20 October, 2016