The Ministry of Health (MOH) is the Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund providing support to the National Tuberculosis Control Program (NTP), the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) and the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP). Though the MOH is the PR, programme implementation is carried out mainly by the Programme Managers within the Public Health Division of the Ghana Health Service. Support is also given to these programs by finance and other staff from the Ghana Health Service and the Ministry of Health.
Applications are invited from qualified and interested officers to be appointed as Finance Officers to fill three vacancies for the Principal Recipient Finance Office ofthe Global Fund.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Successful candidate would be assigned to a program to:
- Monitor and follow-up on resolution of all financial management issues of the programme and keep the Ghana Health Service (GHS) informed thereof in real time;
- Provide financial oversight of the programme and ensure compliance with internal policies and donor requirements;
- Provide guidance, technical assistance and training to programme and non-program staff involved in the programme implementation on financial management aspects including budgeting, reporting, compliance, internal control etc.;
- Provide analysis and recommendations on financial management aspects for the GHS senior management to be able to make informed decisions.
- The role involves the preparation of weekly reports and submission of same to the PR finance Supervisor for review, escalation and action.
- He/she would also undertake follow-ups and supportive supervision visits to implementing entities to assist unlock bottlenecks in accounting for programme expenditure, delays with financial report submission and effective accounting for programme proceeds from the sale of health commodities.
- Tracks burn rates per activity, sub-activities and implementation level and produce bi-weekly reports on grants
- Reconciles budget ledger with grant activity balances at the Programme level weekly
- Conducts weekly monitoring and supervisory visits to programmr finance offices
- Produces weekly reports
- Assesses training needs of program staff and recommend on training
- Produces financial statements for annual audits
- Review disbursement reports from Programmes
- Produces consolidated monitoring and supervisory reports monthly
- Produces management account reports budgetary performance of implementation
- Collates and consolidate financial reports quarterly to the MOH
- Conducts monitoring and supervisory visits to IPs and regions
- Conducts spontaneous cash counts at the national programme office and produce cash count reports
- Assists in building the capacity of programme finance officers on key program’s financial issues
- Performmes any other duties assigned by Finance overseer and Finance supervisor
An attractive remuneration package is in place for the successful candidate.
The contract would be for one (1) year renewable annually upon satisfactory performance and the availability of funds
Successful candidate would be Reporting to the GHS Deputy Director of Finance with an indirect reporting line to the programme manager
- Successful candidate would be working with programme managers, programme finance staff and GHS and MOH staff at Headquarters, in the regions and the Districts and other Implementing partners including the donors.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to relate effectively to the different stakeholders
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of First Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
Professional Qualification And Experience:
- A qualified accountant – ACCA, CIMA, CIA or CPA with at least three (3) years relevant post qualification experience. .
Educational Qualification: Master Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
Professional Qualification And Experience:
- A qualified accountant – ACCA, CIMA, ICA or CPA with at least five (5) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Work experience in controlling, compliance or audit functions is strongly preferred.
Competences And Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze and summarize data into brief but elaborate and conclusive reports.
Language: The main medium of communication is English
Special Circumstances: Ability to work under pressure, travel periodically within the country and abroad and close late occasionally
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit two sets of application with the under-listed documents in A4 size envelope with the position being applied for written at the top left hand corner of the envelope:
Detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone numbers of at least two (2) referees
Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications should be delivered by hand or express mail to:
The Director (HRD)
Ghana Health Service Private Mail Bag Ministries-