Our Client a leading retail company is currently looking to hire a Retail Buyer to support with its operations in Ghana.
Will be responsible for negotiating with suppliers, planning and selecting range of products to sell, keeping records tabs on inventory, expenditure and deliveries, act as a liaison between suppliers and company and general day to day duties. Negotiating with suppliers and making sure that every item in store offers customers the best possible value. Successful candidate will be reporting to the Merchandise Manager
Job Title: Retail Buyer
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Drive a Customer-Centric culture
- Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on Team member performance
- Reviews Customer/Member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings.
- Promotes and supports Team member efforts to exceed Customer/Member expectations.
- Execute company values through daily job functions.
- Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction.
- Execution of developed strategy.
- Effective management of sales, profit, margin, stock turns & collections.
- Assigns tasks to Team members that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance.
- Effective management of ranges.
- Plans and manages own and others’ time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits
- Management of in-country supplier relationships
- Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities.
- Ensuring cost savings & expense control against budget
- Management of quality products
- Manage the promo cycle and content for category / countries
- Identify and use facts, information and expertise to set priorities.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Commerce/Retail or a related discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years buying experience in a similar role
- Must have strong negotiation skills.
- Must be passionate about retail.
- Must have in-depth knowledge on product trends.
- Ability to make informed decision and good judgement.
- Computer proficiency
- Customer centered
- Must demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of challenge, obstacles, and adversity
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time.
- Ability to adapt to competing demands and shifting priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain healthy relationship with Customers/Members
- Positive team player and ability to influence others positively
- Must be able to communicate both written and verbal.
- Good time management skill.
- Ability to build trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization.
- Attention to details.
- Trust worthy
- Good human relations
How to Apply
To Apply please send CVs to [email protected]