Posted on :
24 Nov, 2016
24 Nov, 2016
The Ghana Institution of Engineers was officially founded in 1968 to succeed the Ghana Group of Professional Engineers, as an autonomous professional body with no political affiliation. The Institution derives its authority from the Engineering Council Act 2011, Act 819 and the Professional Bodies Registration Decree NRCD143 of 1973. The GhIE has a vision of: Promoting Engineering Excellence for Society and a mission to: Be leaders in the development of Science, Engineering and Technology at all levels of Society, Share knowledge and instill in the membership, professionalism and ethical practice and Establish structures to ensure good corporate image of the Institution at all times.
The Council of the Ghana Institution of Engineers(GhIE) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the vacancy
Job Title: Director, Information Resources & Corporate Affairs
Purpose of the Position:
• The Director, Information Resources and Corporate Affairs is responsible for IT Infrastructure development, operation of information technology products/services and support and also Government and other key Stakeholders management to promote positive influence in achieving the Institution’s objectives.
• Plan, implement and update all technology projects and strategies and ensure project documentation is maintained in line with institutional standards
• Promote the use of ICT in the various operations of GhIE and service delivery including Library services, publication of Journals and Newsletters to members
• Lead the IT Team to ensure smooth running of all lCT systems, implementation of IT programmes and provide technical advice to all sections of GhIE
• Identify emerging Government directives, policy and regulatory issues of potential relevance to GhIE and coordinate the development of positions, responses and advocacy strategies to manage impacts.
• Proactively research policies to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact on the Institution in the future.
• Co-ordinate Media relations and represent the Institution at industry forums and events.
• Supervise the management and operations of the GhlE Library,
• Obtain information from various sources to meet the requirements of the GhIE selected clientele (Newspapers, Magazines, journals).
• Develop and administer electronic and manual databases of information relevant to the activities of the institution and its membership and clientele.
• Manage all Publications, Publicity materials and GhIE website.
• Provide leadership support to the Executive Secretary in achieving excellence in service delivery at the Secretariat
SALARY AND OTHER CONDITIONS:
• Remuneration and allowances are attractive and negotiable.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of first degree in Computer Science or equivalent Professional qualification, plus membership of a recognized Information Technology body, with 8 years relevant experience. Additional relevant course or professional qualification will be an advantage plus:
• Good track record in building successful relationships and securing alignment between multiple stakeholders and understanding and appreciation of corporate reputation issues
• Must be a Member of Ghana Institution of Engineers in good standing
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse IT Database Systems and IT in Engineering
• Good communications and publishing skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications must reach the under-mentioned electronically not later than 9th December, 2016 either electronically which is preferable or by post using the following address:
P.O.Box TN 389
Teshie N ungua,
Closing Date: 09 December, 2016
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW