Job Vacancy for a PROGRAMME OFFICER
The Ghana National Education Campaign Coalition, a social movement of civil society organizations interested in promoting free quality basic education, is seeking dynamic and competent candidates with proven track record, good inter-personal skills and excellent written and oral communication abilities for appointment to the position of PROGRAMME OFFICER based in Accra. One of the key projects the officer will be handling is the Stop Violence Against Girls In School (SVAGS) Project.
The SVAGS Project is aimed at working towards the enactment and implementation of a legal policy framework that specifically addresses issues relating to violence against girls in school to ensure that all girls in Ghana have access to quality basic education and complete basic school without any form of violence against them.
Stop Violence Against Girls In School (SVAGS) Project
- Facilitate the effective implementation of the advocacy component of the SVAGS project
- Work towards the achievement of SVAGS advocacy milestones
- Liaise with research and community components of SVAGS projects to ensure synergy
- Follow-up and monitor advocacy component of SVAGS project and regularly prepare progress reports including quarterly and annual reports
- Promote dialogue on VAGS issues through the SVAGS media network and other platforms include web-based platforms
- Support in the monitoring and evaluation of the advocacy component of the SVAGS project
- Assist in programme formulation, design, planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
- Promote dialogue and interface between GNECC members, local and national government institutions on education and gender related issues.
- Promote GNECC advocacy issues through platforms, networks and partner organizations.
- Develop education policy briefs
- Assist in project funding proposal development
- Shall report to the National Coordinator who has overall responsibility for programme development and management.
- Undertake all other responsibilities and duties that would be assigned by the National Coordinator.
Required Skills or Experience
- Academic study must include a Masters Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or equivalent academic understanding.
- A sound knowledge of concepts, principles, techniques and practices of development programme management and report writing
- Sound in social sector policy and budget analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of community development, civil society organizations, empowerment processes and advocacy work.
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues such as Gender, Poverty Reduction Strategy, Public Private Partnership, HIV/AIDS.
- Quantitative and qualitative research methodology.
- Knowledge of educational policies and systems
- Computer literate Window XP, Power Point, Excel, Access and Microsoft Word.
- Has not less than 5 years experience in development work as Programme Officer.
How To Apply
All interested applicants should submit a recent CV, cover letter and not more than a one page (A4) brief statement on why they are suited for this position. These should be submitted via e-mail to[email protected] with the subject “GNECC Programme Officer”.
Applications should be submitted not later than Monday, 8th August 2011 @ 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing: 8th August, 2011