Posted on :
20 Jul, 2016
20 Jul, 2016
The Ghana Oil and Gas for inclusive Growth (GOGIG) programme is designed to support Ghana make the most of its new-found oil and gas resources.
The overall goal is “Inclusive economic growth and poverty reducation and the programme is working towards achieving an outcome of “Effective management of oil and gas resources” through the delivery of the following four inter-related outputs:
• Enhanced regulatory mandate and policy coherence of the oil and gas sector.
• Improved systems of oil and gas revenue capture
• Improved oil and gas revenue management
• Enhanced oil and gas sector oversight
The Programme results are therefore expected to be achieved through a combination of targeted technical assistance to government for improving institutional capabilities and initiatives that improve the effectiveness of accountability actors in placing greater public scrutiny on the sector and advocating for improvements in governance.
GOGIG is seeking to recruit a Technical Lead to join the Team.
Job Title: Technical Lead
• The Technical Lead will be responsible for providing technical and strategic leadership for the Accountability Work Stream by ensuring the conceptualization, design and implementation of projects which are underpinned by robust analyses and sound technical understanding of governance and accountability issues as they relate to the Oil and Gas sector. The role will report to the Team Leader.
Specific Areas of Work include:
Programme Strategy & Development
• Provide strategic insights on how the accountability work stream can contribute to delivery of overall programme objectives and outputs through a cross-cutting approach
• Develop concept notes and Project proposals to transform project ideas into detailed proposals and budgets for the delivery of programme objectives
Project Implementation & Management
• Develop detailed Annual and quarterly implementation work plans, in line with the log frame, guided by insights from the quarterly political economy analysis and the broader remit of the programme
• Report on outputs delivered and the results achieved (or anticipated) from projects under the work stream – this will include distilling lessons learned and insights gained from project implementation
Technical Leadership & Representation
• Provide expert advice and input on governance and accountability issues relating to the Oil and Gas sector to the GOGIG Team and partners as required and ensure the GOGIG is represented in ongoing discussions and debates around topical issues on accountability
• Build and maintain peer relationships with GOGIG accountability partners which recognizes the mutually beneficial nature of the relationship
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in a relevant field with further training in areas related to the technical focus of the role (Governance, Accountability, Oil and Gas industry, etc)
• Experience in a senior programme leadership role which includes strategy development and designing and implementing projects in the area of governance and accountability
• Knowledge of the key governance issues in the extractive sector
• Demonstrated ability to engage credibly in areas of expertise with high level stakeholders
• Demonstrated capacity for analytical thinking with highly developed writing skills for producing programme documents
• Track record of successful project implementation, including ability to work according to programme timelines
How To Apply For The Job
Submit a CV with a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the role to:
Closing Date: 22 July, 2016