Duration: Initial One Year
Type of Appointment: FTA
Under the guidance of DCD/O, the Operations Analyst acts as an advisor to Senior Management on all aspects of CO management and operations. This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT and common services consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The main role is to lead the operations, ensuring smooth functioning of the CO/programmes/projects operations, consistent service delivery and constant evaluation and readjustment of the operations to take into account changes in the operating environment as and when needed.
- Ensuring strategic direction of operations
- Financial resources management and supervision of the Finance team
- Efficient procurement and logistical services and supervision of the Procurement team
- Common services organization and management, establishment of partnerships with other UN Agencies
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills and openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application marked “OPERATIONS ANALYST” with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Hqtrs)
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Detailed Job Descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security Gate.