The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)/ a world-class center of excellence for training in leadership, management and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Director of Information Management Services
The Director of Information Management Services will establish the technical vision for IT infrastructure and services and provide overall leadership to the staff in the Information Systems department.
The successful candidate shall report to the Registrar.
- Direct the activities and projects being carried out by the IT department to enhance implementation of the Institute’s strategic plan
- Plan and control IT acquisitions and facilities and ensure that they are consistent with the Institute’s strategic plan
- Direct the design, development, and maintenance of IT-related systems and programmes to meet the Institute’s information needs
- Establish information systems policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
- Ensure protection of the Institute’s information through continuous information security systems design, implementation, and management
- Ensure that expenses are within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost-effective operation of the Institute
- Develop and motivate staff to effectively carry out departmental functions and provide for the continuity of managerial and specialized skills
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of IT development and incorporate new developments into the future systems of the Institute
- Carry out feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis of the Institute’s new IT projects
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) academic years in the first instance and may be reappointed for further terms of four (4) academic years, subject to good performance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in computer science or information systems from a reputable University
- Ten years relevant experience, five (5) of which must be in a top management position
- Proven expertise in Database Management; Enterprise Resource Planning Systems; Computer and Information Security, Network and Systems Design, Implementation and Management.
- Must have excellent leadership and people management skills
- Must have project management skills
- Must have excellent negotiation skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have collaboration skills
- Must be able to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to tolerate stress
How to Apply
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to the address below:
The School Secretary
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
P. o. Box AH 50, Achimota,
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the same email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All earlier applications and in some cases those who have already been interviewed are still eligible to reapply.