The Ideal Candidate will:
- Provide dynamic leadership, technical support and team coordination to the GWI-Ghana consortium and effectively liaise with all GWI program constituents
- Ensure for optimal program quality and efficient delivery of GWI activities according to the decisions made by senior management of the GWI partners (Project Steering Committee), the Regional Strategy Committee (RSC) and the Cluster Leader.
- Ensure that all GWI partners pursue a program of continual learning, documenting and capitalizing on GWI experiences.
- Represent the GWI program locally and nationally to Government, decentralized authorities, NGOs, private sector, etc, and to existing and potential donors as appropriate.
- Ensure the security and efficient management of all resources, equipment and documentation linked to the program.
- Ensure the efficient use of the human and financial resources available to GWI to deliver the Program.
- Provide an effective reporting interface with the Regional GWI Secretariat and donor, including implementation of agreed regional Monitoring and Evaluation program.
- Support the emergence and networking of actors engaged in the water sector.
- Participate in the recruitment and evaluation of staff within the GWI team, linking to the procedures of the individual partner organizations.
- Design and deliver a communications program to communicate the work of GWI nationally and locally, ensuring for visibility of the GWI brand.
Required Skills or Experience
Maximum Level of Education:
- M. Sc. /Postgraduate degree in hydrogeology, geophysics or civil engineering field in water resources management or other related discipline
Minimum years of experience:
- 5 years technical experience in Water, Sanitation and Environmental sanitation in developing contexts.
- 5 years of work experience in development projects management preferably in WASH project planning, monitoring and evaluation at a supervisory level.
Log on to www.axishcl.com to create an account. To apply on the given website,search and click on the job titled Global Water Initiative Project Coordinator and click on the view/apply button.
For further information call 0302 7675 85
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A RE-LAUNCH OF RECRUITMENT AND ANY PREVIOUS APPLICANT OR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION NEED NOT APPLY.
Closing 9th June, 2011