Posted on :
2 Aug, 2016
2 Aug, 2016
Gold Fields Limited is an unhedged, globally diversified producer of gold with eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa with attributable annual gold production of approximately 2.0 million ounces. It has attributable Mineral Reserves of around 46 million ounces and Mineral Resources of around 102 million ounces. Attributable copper Mineral Reserves total 532 million pounds and Mineral Resources 5,912 million pounds. Gold Fields has a primary listing on the JSE Limited, with secondary listings on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX)
Job Title: Finance Manager
Abosso Goldfields Limited, a subsidiary of Gold Fields Limited, is seeking to employ a highly qualified and experienced professional for the position of Finance Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will strategically lead the Finance Team in the preparation of medium to long-term financial plans to support the achievement of set targets and the consolidation of operational financial statements as well as the evaluation of business opportunities to the benefit of the operation.
• Undertake effective strategic planning to ensure that financial systems, processes, policies, procedures and resources are in place to achieve the medium and long-term demands of the organization’s financial portfolio.
• Ensure that all applicable legislations (including Sarbanes Oxley Act) are adhered to and that national and international accounting standards are fully complied with.
• Evaluate the need for new technology and advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization’s accounting controls and financial resources.
• Establish guidelines for budget end forecast preparation, and champion reviews of annual budgets in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
• Prepare all supporting information.for interim and annual audit exercises and liaise with GFG Audit Teams and external auditors as and when required.
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for users and are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and relevant International Financial
• Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure organizational risks are minimized.
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed off as appropriate.
• Adhere to ethical standards and best business practices, and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and best practices and align with the values of the organization.
• Train, develop, coach, and mentor subordinates to realize their full potential and deliver superior performance to the business.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualification (BSc Accounting/BCom) or related Finance program from an accredited academic institution.
• 8-10 years of progressive financial responsibilities at a managerial level within the mining or extractive industry.
• Postgraduate qualification in Finance/Commerce will be an added advantage.
• Must be a Chartered Accountant in good standing with ACCA (UK) or ICA (GH).
• Excellent understanding and interpretation of relevant Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards.
• Excellent knowledge of financial legislation in respect of mining or extractive operations.
• Computer literacy with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and standard accounting software packages.
• Sound verbal and written communication skills with a consultative approach to delivering results.
• Excellent business, commercial and financial management acumen and demonstrated leadership qualities and capabilities.
• Medical fitness for the position and environment.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s licence and site driving permit.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to:
Closing Date: 10 August, 2016
• Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process.
• Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview
• Applicants who receive not response to their applications within 14 days after the application deadline may consider their application for the position to unsuccessful
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.