The Engineering Department of Damang Gold Mine in Ghana West Africa is currently seeking to employ a Chief Engineer to manage and control all engineering activities of the Process plant, Mine infrastructure and Accommodation. These activities will include the management and control of a comprehensive maintenance and repair process. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for effective people management and equipment maintenance and repair in accordance with Gold Fields Ghana Operating Standards and Procedures, effective operational cost control, sound equipment availability/reliability, risk mitigating initiatives and contract management as well as identify, implement and manage continuous improvement projects and programs.
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- Ensure sound principles of Health and Safety in line with Gold Fields standards and procedures
- Ensure that equipment availability and reliability are in line with approved targets
- Ensure that effective engineering standards and procedures are developed, sustained and implemented in compliance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Ensure effective liaison with Government agencies such as the Inspector of Machinery to ensure that engineering services are delivered to the standards set by these agencies
- Ensure that operational cost control is maintained to achieve budget targets
- Ensure that effective training and development of staff is implemented and sustained to enhance staff technical ability in preparation for more senior positions
- Ensure that effective interaction with operational personnel is upheld to optimize equipment performance, reliability and utilization
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Mechanical / Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must possess an Engineering Manager/Superintendent Certificate of Competency
- A minimum of ten years technical experience in a maintenance function on process plant
- A minimum of three years engineering management experience at the level of Plant Engineer or Maintenance Superintendent.
- Proven Competency in the maintenance and project management of plant and equipment such as Crushers, Mills, Conveyor systems, CIL plant equipment including agitators, screens, thickeners, kilns, etc.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in a plant environment
- Strong organizational skills to manage mine maintenance and project work
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken, as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office/ MS Project and a working knowledge of planned maintenance software packages (SAP PM)
- Technical problem solving and failure analysis capabilities with special emphasis on crushers, grinding mills, conveyors, pumps, etc.
- Good understanding of high / medium voltage power distribution networks and the supply and synchronization of emergency power generation with a national grid
- A sound understanding of plant process control systems
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Knowledge on first aid and mine emergency procedure
- A valid Ghanaian driver’s license and a proficiency in driving light vehicles
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae to: The HR Officer, P. O. Box 208, Tarkwa or Email: [email protected] or apply online
Closing Date: One week after publication
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment