Gold Fields Ghana Operations is seeking to employ an experienced and suitably qualified person for the position of Environment & Closure Manager. Reporting to the Vice President Technical Services, the incumbent will be responsible for developing the Gold Fields West Africa environment and closure plan to achieve long term sustainability for the Region. The individual will also be in charge of formulating the priorities of the environment and closure functions and develop relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines for implementation.
Job Title: Environment And Closure Manager
- Develop and implement policies, guidelines and processes that align with Group policies and guidelines, to assist the Region and operations in the implementation of key initiatives.
- Ensure that West Africa Region’s environment and closure plan takes account of regulatory, industry, and stakeholder trends, while also being aligned to Group guidelines.
- Provide analysis of key regulatory, industry and organizational trends in the environmental and closure areas, to assist in the development of relevant strategies and guide senior management decision making.
- Provide oversight and implementation guidance on environment and closure for the operations.
- Assist in the development of the Company’s position and represent the Company’s interests to industry groups, as well as governmental and non-governmental organizations on environmental and closure issues, in
- conjunction with the Corporate Affairs department.
- Work closely with operations, particularly the Community Affairs teams, in building strong relationships and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations on the key skills required in the business to deliver on the environment and closure plan.
- Assist and support Group and Regional closure integration into business planning processes.
- Develop requisite environmental and closure capacity at various levels in the Region.
Required Skills or Experience
- Tertiary and advanced qualification in environmental management or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- At least 10-15 years experience in environmental management at a management level in the mining industry.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of external regulations, regulatory, industry and stakeholder trends in mining.
- Good understanding of the mining process value chain and ability to identify key risk areas.
- Highly developed knowledge of environmental management and mine closure.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate the Company’s environment and closure strategy and principles to the regional and operational teams.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Ability to apply innovative approaches to solving problems or key business requirements within a strong regulatory framework.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driver’s license.
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit detailed curriculum vitae by email to: https://career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobld=45381 &company=C0008741144P&username=
The Vice President & Regional Head of HR,
7 Or Amilcar Cabral Rd,
Airport Residential Area
P.O.Box KA 30742
Closing Date: 22nd February, 2017
NOTE: Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.