The Heavy Mining Equipment Department of Tarkwa Gold mine is seeking to employ dedicated experiences and self motivated individual to fill the position of Mechanical Supervisor HME drill rig.
The incumbent shall be responsible for ensuring the application of HME management systems, processes, policies and resources provided, to meet the short term demands of the company in order to remain competitive, taking cognizance of best practice principles, with the aim to perform the daily activities of the operation in a responsible and safe manner, with quality and quantity of work as priority.
- Establishing and implementing effective operational and strategic planning to ensure that management systems processes, policies and resources are in place to meet the short and long term demand of the financial portfolio.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the cost drivers and how they impact on business
- Establishing and implementing effective cost control and forecasting strategies and measure to ensure to ensure the long term sustainability of the operation
- Ensuring all the applicable legislation (include specifically Sarbanes Oxley) is adhered to and that national and international accounting standard are complied with
- Effective liaison with a host of internal and external parties including detailed financial reporting to the corporate office.
- Ensure financial governance and financial business ethics
Required Skills or Experience
- A relevant financial tertiary qualification from a recognized institution
- Be a fully qualified member of a recognized accountancy body (ACCA, CAgh, and CIMA)
- Around 5 years experience at management level in the mining industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- We develop oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels
- A Hands- on approach and be willing to work long hours to obtain required results
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Valid Ghanaian driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicles.
- Identifying and exploring business opportunities/ processes to realize continuous improvement.
Meet high environmental safety standard
- Development and mentoring of financial department staff towards industry best practices taking control and ensuring that Accounting systems are developed and implemented Adhoc exercises.
- It will advantageous if applicants have:-
- Working knowledge and practical application of SAP/ERP Accounting Packages.
- A related post -graduate qualification and relevant business qualification
- Working knowledge of six sigma
- Ghanaian or international work experience in the mining industry
How To Apply
Enquiries to:- Hein Muller
Email: [email protected]
Interested parties should submit their curriculum vitae to
Gladys Damalie, Human resources Officer
Tarkwa Gold Mine, P.O Box 26, Tarkwa or email
Please note that only short listed applicants will be acknowledge.
Company details can be found at
Gold fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
Closing date: 6th December 2011