My client is a global leader and stock market listed company servicing into the Mining, Quarrying, Civil Engineering and Heavy industries.
Job Title: Operations Manager
To provide leadership of the Operational and People Management aspects in the Western Africa Region for the Group, ensuring that policies & procedures are upheld whilst financial and market goals are achieved in line with the Groups Global Strategy and Corporate Deliver the Promise Principles. Although at this time the individual will have no direct reports, it is widely recognised that this individual will play a critical role within the regional management team who have been tasked with significantly developing the regions operational excellence and customer engagement level.
Creative Customer Solutions – Think differently, deliver swiftly and capture the value
- Deliver significant value through supporting opportunities from the customer offering, including new services and effective price strategies and identifying variation opportunities.
- Deliver Regional Operations to agreed service levels and costs as per customer contract obligations.
- Minimise operational deficiencies that cause disruption to customer relationships.
- Identify and make the Business Manager aware at earliest stage possible where customer contract obligations will not be met.
- Provide customer feedback to Account Managers and ideas and/or suggestions for creative customer solutions.
- Optimise the operational efficiency of the Regional Business ie. fixed and mobile plant and equipment utilisation & people resources.
- Build and maintain a dynamic, motivated workforce at optimum resource #’s to deliver the business.
- Manage medium & long term MMU sustenance plan + capital plan for sustenance, growth & SH&E.
- Fixed cost Budget control and UAM (unplanned abnormal maintenance) management.
- Identify, manage and implement the use of idle assets into new business .
- Lead and support maintenance and improvement projects for Regional Business.
- Optimise supply chain costs to the region.
- Optimise stock levels – reduce write ups and downs.
- Ensure all Quality policies and procedures are managed, implemented and adhered to in NE Region.
- Drive the supply of trained and skilled staff for new and expanding business through resource planning and involvement in the establishment of recruitment processes that meet business requirements.
- Participate in succession plans for all direct reports and drive succession planning throughout the operations team.
- Conduct performance development plans for all direct reports and drive performance development plans throughout the operations team.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained, developed, managed and supported to meet their position responsibilities and performance objectives.
- Strong product and application knowledge.
- Excellent people management and communications skills at high and low levels.
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities.
- Operational delivery proficiency.
- Strategic Planning skills.
- High level decision making ability.
- Extensive Operations Management experience.
- (O/C & U/G) in a similar service environment .
- Leadership and management of personnel indirectly.
- Maintenance management experience preferred.
- Degree Qualified in a related field or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Business qualification.
- Possess unquestioned reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character.
- Builds the trust of others both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate innate business intellect, achievement orientation and competitive spirit.
- Exude confidence, yet be without strong ego needs; is self-aware and open to feedback.
- Show courage to make decisions, yet is patient to make the right ones.
- Model resilience and flexibility; adapts well to new circumstances and adversity.
- Demonstrate a bias to working in a team oriented fashion, supporting other’s success.
Commercial Ownership – run the business as if it’s your own
Education and Experience
How to Apply
To apply please contact Michael Thomas at Goodall Brazier on +44 (0)7787 278 854 and forward a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Goodall Brazier is now one of the fastest growing Executive Search Consultancies’ of its kind, our business works and grows by referrals. If you know anyone suitable for the above opportunity please don’t hesitate to contact us confidentially.