The Google.org Access Development team’s objective is to bring broadband to emerging markets in a financially sustainable and scalable way to impact hundreds of millions of people. The group focuses on developing business models, regulation and technology to support these goals. There is a strong emphasis on bringing new technologies or new ways to use technologies to solve the access challenges in these markets. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for defining and implementing access projects in emerging markets, as well as identifying and incubating promising technological solutions.
With the Google Access team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives,working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects, as well as deploy fiber-based and other technologies to markets and communities around the globe. You like being on-the-ground, executing complex projects that bring Internet access to people.
- Oversee the outside plant implementation of the fiber network and the implementation of network integration undertaken by equipment suppliers and contractors.
- Coordinate and manage the communication between the cross-functional teams, equipment suppliers and fiber contractors, NOC personnel or any other deployment and operations support related matters.
- Assist in the development of deployment dashboards, processes and procedures along with training programs and documentation
- Innovate on solutions and technologies to drive towards achieving excellence in network deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a telecommunications field with experience in fiber deployment projects.
- Experience creating network drawings, route maps, and scopes of work.
- Experience selecting, hiring and managing contractors, and working effectively with permitting, government agencies and large, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in managing multi-million dollar projects involving budget planning management and reporting
- Comfort using CAD and other drafting software and experience using Google Earth.
- A deep understanding of core and access transmission network design and of inside and outside plant fiber optic network infrastructure.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here