Posted on :
24 Oct, 2016
24 Oct, 2016
Standard Chartered Ghana (officially Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited) is a banking and financial services company in Ghana, and an 80% subsidiary of Standard Chartered. They are listed on the stock index of the Ghana Stock Exchange, the GSE All-Share Index. Operating since 1896, it is one of the oldest companies in Ghana. It is the successor to the Bank of British West Africa in Ghana.
Job Title: Bank Tellers
1. Process all daily counter transactions for cash/cheque deposit/withdrawals to savings, current and other accounts (involving cash, cheques, inter-account transfers), remittances, drafts, cashiers’ orders, currency exchange and other SCB products.
2. Perform cash reconciliations and control activities such as scrutinizing of cheques and other Bank instruments.
3. Act as backup for counter float/cashiers order, Foreign Draft and Bankers Payment.
4. Identify prospects for cross-selling of products during non-peak transaction period.
5. Referring businesses to Personal Finance Consultant (PFC), Relationship Manager (RM), Client Service Manager (CSM) and Branch Manager (BM)
6. To deliver quality service to customers.
7. Ensure compliance with:
a. “Guidelines and Procedures on ‘Know your Customer” for Account Opening and “Guidelines and Procedures on Cross-Border Account Opening Referral” issued by Group Business and Operations Risk.
b. Controls and procedures on “Know Your Customer” and Customer Due Diligence introduced to addressed money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
c. “Guidelines for the submission of Suspicious Transactions Reports” issued by Head Legal & Compliance/ Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
Health and Safety Tips
1. Ensure that the health and safety message is well understood by you
2. Comply with legislations and mandatory codes of practices and standards, applicable in Ghana
3. Ensure that Group Policy on Health and Safety is being adhered to by you.
4. Take reasonable care for the health & safety of co-workers.
5. Cooperate with management to support and promote Health and Safety in the workplace;
6. Your actions do not put others at risk;
7. Work in a healthy and safe manner;
8. Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
9. Report all accidents, and incidents
10. Bring to the attention of management any hazard in the workplace
1. Receive Cash and Cheque Deposits
2. Encash cheques and other related instruments
3. Process foreign exchange transactions where applicable
4. Selling of Bank cheques, drafts and TT’S where applicable
5. On-line posting of customer transactions
6. Verification of customers signature
7. Provide sales referrals to CSM, PFC, RM’s
8. Service standard
Qualifications and Skills