Grameen Foundation (GF) helps the world’s poorest people reach their full potential, by connecting their determination and skills with the resources they need. In Ghana, Grameen Foundation develops mobile phone based solutions to strengthen health care delivery and improve health behaviors, particularly for the rural poor, and is starting up a new program that will use mobile phones to help smallholder farmers improve their efficiency and productivity.
Job Title: Lead, Content and Business Sustainability
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES
- This position will be responsible for managing the design, development, refresh and maintenance of programme content towards achieving the behavior change objectives of GF Ghana/West Africa projects and for leading the design and implementation of models for scaling up and sustaining GF solutions when appropriate.
- The Lead, Content and Business Sustainability will work closely with Program Managers and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to develop and deploy content aimed at behavior change and design and implement models for scaling up and sustaining GF solutions across domains. This individual will use their knowledge of business, psychology, user centered design and the tools that Grameen uses to deliver behavior change information as well as knowledge of business economy and relationship management to implement behavior change content and business models for scaling and sustaining GF solutions strengthening household incomes and resilience of the poor.
- This role is accountable for leading insight and implementing of content and services related to GF’s domain areas, developing, marketing and implementing models that sustain GF’s solutions in part or in whole with long-term business partners and supporting the day-to-day management of GF projects. Work involves partnering closely with programme managers and Tech Team to generate results and deliver against deadlines and internal/external partner requirements. The Manager is accountable for:
- Develop user/business owner/stakeholder profiles to guide the development and delivery of GF solutions and develop detailed business models to be tested/implemented as required
- Support programme managers to focus the design and development of solutions on achieving behavior change in a way that delivers measurable benefit to users/long-term business owners/stakeholders
- Manage the design and development of content to address key drivers of behavior change/adoption for the user/business owner/stakeholders
- Manage the preparation of and prepare content for GF solutions and collaborate closely with technology team on solution design and development, uploading of content and problem solving
- Assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of GF content and content delivery to achieving intended behavior change; modify, refine or refresh content as necessary to improve effectiveness in achieving intended behavior change
- Develop business and marketing plans to promote GF solutions to users/long-term business owners and stakeholders and manage the marketing of GF solutions to users – ensuring that users/business owners/stakeholders are aware of the how GF solutions improve their lives/business/organization/policy as the case may be
- Develop an escalation path or resolution guide to address potential queries and issues on content or sustainability
- Contribute key learnings to quarterly/annual project reports of GF’s approach to developing behavior change content, scaling up strategies and building sustainability pathways for our solutions
- The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Required Skills or Experience
- 5-8 years of overall experience working on behavior change projects, product/business development or marketing projects
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing, Economics or Psychology; Master’s degree in any of these fields will be a plus
- Fluency in English and at least one Ghanaian language strongly preferred; fluency in French will be a plus
- Experience working in a global/multicultural organizations across multiple time zones a strong plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep understanding of challenges facing poor, smallholder farmers and corresponding product/solution needs; combined with deep commitment to eradicating poverty.
- Expertise in product development, marketing and business development for rural and/or low literate clients
- Understanding of the local context, target audience needs, and regulatory environment
- High level of skill required in project management – helping build, pilot, and scale initiatives; and effective prioritization and execution of active projects
- Strong execution skills, and ability to overcome and work around operational obstacles
- Communication and relationship management skills; with an ability to influence others without authority, work in a networked organization, and deliver results with diverse partners
- Ability to analyze data, identify issues and recommendations, and work with stakeholders to get decisions in a timely manner
- Fluency and comfort with Human Centered Design principles
How to Apply
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT VIA EMAIL TO [email protected] .
SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ: Lead, Content and Business Sustainability
No Calls Please