Posted on :
28 Sep, 2016
28 Sep, 2016
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
By an Act of Parliament the Government of Ghana acquired the company from its private owners in 1962. In 1971, the company became a statutory corporation through a legislative instrument – the Graphic Corporation Instrument, 1971, LI 709. This was in compliance with the Statutory Corporations Act, 1964 (Act 232). The company, therefore, became known as Graphic Corporation.
Job Title: Senior Marketing Officer
• Identifying Marketing opportunities and turning such opportunities into deals that supports growth in turnover
• Creation of marketing tools and the execution of marketing programmes
• Promoting growth in targeted markets through implementation of key projects
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and prospective customers
• Driving a solution set across development teams primarily through market requirements, product contract and positioning.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a good first degree in Marketing from a reputable tertiary institution and at least 4 years post qualification working experience in Sales & Marketing
• A minimum of HND in Marketing and at least 5 years of post qualification relevant working experience in Sales & Marketing
• Working knowledge of the printing and packaging industry would be a distinct advantage
• Must possess good communication and negotiation skills
• Possess good insight into sales of print works
• Possess keen eye for detail
• Strong team interpersonal skills/ Team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and under minimum supervision
• Flexible attitude to working arrangements
• Strong computer literacy skills
How to Apply for The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
Ag. Director, HR & Administration,
Graphic Communications Group Ltd,
P.O.Box GP 742,
Alternatively, you may email your application to the HR Operations Manager at:
Closing Date: 29 September, 2016