Posted on :
15 Dec, 2016
15 Dec, 2016
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
Job Title: Graphic Print Supply Manager
We are looking for an experienced and seasoned marketing professional who is innovative, creative and a strategic thinker to manage our Graphic Print Supply Unit.
The post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate strategies and plans to promote the supplies and input for printers to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
• Develop and establish plans to transform the unit as a profitable business unit
• Design and implement sales strategoc business plan necessary for achieving corporate sales targets
• Manage the operation activities and administrative functions to achieve revenue targets and goals
• Conduct market research and competition and customer analysis to develop appropriate strategies to keep ahead of the competition
• Oversee the activities and performance of sales team and to ensure they deliver the desired results
• Build and promote strong relationship with external stakeholders and customers
• Liaise with other Units to ensure achievement of sales objectives
• Analyse sales data to investigate lost sales and customer accounts and to identify sales opportunities.
• Generate and submit timely weekly and monthly sales reports to line manager.
Skills & Competencies
• Proven experience in sales of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
• Marketing or business degree or related professional qualification
• Proven ability to develop and drive sales strategy
• Good leadership and managerial skills
• Knowledge of data analysis and market research
• Proven experience in customer relationship management
• Good communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
• Analytical ability
• Strong business sense and industry expertise
• Ability to work under pressure and attain targets
• Strong knowledge of commercial printing and packaging industry will be an advantage
• Organisational and planning abilities
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Social Science or equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution
• 6 years of post qualification relevant experience gained from working in a dynamic environment
• Working knowledge of the print media industry would be a distinct advantage
How to Apply
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
The Director, HR & Administration,
Graphic Communications Group Ltd,
P.O.Box GP 742,
Alternatively, you may email your application to the HR Operations Manager at: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31 December, 2016