GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, (RTD) Ready to Drink and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
Job Title: Brewhouse Operator
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The Brewing Operator is ideally an individual with brewing operations experience.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Support Management of Raw materials and plants required by the department for production.
- With support from Shift Brewers, achieves production plans and key performance targets and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- Actively pursue training and development on individual and Team and participate in competency based training programs. Support other Team member development and develop positive relationships with colleagues including contractors.
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental cleaning and PIP`s to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and comments whatever reports are required either original report or those generated automatically. These include plant checklists and shift reports and handover reports.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Holder of a Secondary qualification in a Science related course with 5 years’ experience. / HND Laboratory Technology
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GGBL SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Responds to change in a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Skill level inadequate to successfully operate and maintain both new and ageing assets and technology.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.