GGBL operates in an environment with limited market, hence stiff competition. It is critical for the business to achieve volume target but ensuring that good quality products are produced at lowest cost by a motivated team.
GGBL is also striving towards world class manufacturing (WCM) standards, and are investing huge resources into New Plant, Continuous Improvement of their operations through Business Centered Maintenance (BCM) including Profit Improvement Projects (PIPs), training and development of their staff through the Competency Acquisition Process (CAP) and capital for the latest technology.
The Shift Cellar Operator is ideally an individual with cellar operations experience. He/She is responsible for receiving wort from the brew house through processing green beer, to preparing beer for the packaging department, Cleaning of cellar vessels, mains and equipment are carried out correctly and timely, Supervises the work of the cellar casuals and operates the cellar equipment to get the planned volume of beer through at the right time and Quality on their shift.
Job Title: Centrifuge Operator
He/she reports to the Shift Brewer on duty.
Purpose of Role
To support Brewing and Processing of Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited’s brands by being reliable and efficient in all operations and to support SBT meetings in the Brewing Department.
- Enforce GGBL policy and procedures for safety, health, environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
- Support Management of wort, green beer, bright beer, sundry process and cleaning chemicals and plants required by the department for production.
- With support from Shift Brewers, achieve production plans and key performance targets and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental cleaning and PIP`s to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and comments whatever reports are required either original report or those generated automatically. These include plant checklists and shift reports and handover reports.
- Supports proper departmental accounting such as beer movement, sundry process materials and chemicals usage rates, cellar waste, on a daily and monthly basis.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Holder of a post-Secondary qualification in a Science related course with 5 years’ experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of Teamwork principles, continuous improvement.
- Respond to change in a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges
- Positive attitude to own development and looks for opportunities to help others learn and develop.
- Good leadership abilities from past experience.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Displacing entrenched practices with a WCM vision and culture.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on individual and Team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired
- Quality and cost of Raw Materials.
- Inability to follow rigorously cleaning and maintenance programs due to volatile production and sales plans/demand.