Mott MacDonald’s International Development Services division operates as three separate portfolios within the international development arena, Environment and Water, Education and Health.
Job Title: T-TEL Zonal Coordinator
Job Category Consultancy Education
The responsibilities of the T-TEL Zonal Coordinator are proposed as:
- Monitor the implementation of Challenge Fund grant projects implemented by the lead colleges in the zone, in accordance with the
- M&E frameworks agreed with CoE and the Fund Management Team based in Accra
- Coordinate support to the Colleges of Education, if and when required, to implement the Challenge Fund projects. This includes liaison with TLA, SPA and CIA as T-TEL’s technical experts at the zonal level.
- Monitor the delivery and quality of financial management reports provided by CoE that lead grant partnerships, in accordance with T-TEL Fund manual and procedures.
- Monitor the delivery and quality of M&E reports provided by CoE that lead grant partnerships
- Liaise with and form strong partnerships with partners and stakeholders in the zone.
- Work with T-TEL Zonal staff to coordinate the work plans of CIAs, SPAs and TLAs in the zone to support coherence in activities with CoE
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports of Zonal Office activities in formats required by T-TEL Operational Procedures and Grant Awards, and by deadlines set
- Deliver monthly financial site returns to Accra Finance Team on time, and according to procedures.
- Extent of authority
- Reports to National Programme Manager Special relationships and contacts
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all programme staff, coaches and the Colleges of Education. Language:
- Fluency in English and any Ghanaian language Candidate Specification Knowledge, Essential Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in educational administration and planning, teacher education or other relevant field
- Experience of coordinating teams in the context of donor-funded development programmes
- Experience of monitoring the implementation of work plans
- Experience of monitoring performance and results an advantage, and willingness to learn to monitor performance essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the education sector in Ghana an advantage
- Well-organised, task- and time- oriented, and with close attention to details.
- Good ICT skills are essential (including documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, calendar, Android tablets / phones). Locations
T-TEL Zonal Coordinator will be located in each of the T-TEL Zonal Offices:
Aburi Hohoe Takoradi Tamale Kumasi