Posted on :
20 Jun, 2014
20 Jun, 2014
Ghanacem Limited, a market leader in cement manufacturing in Ghana invite applications from suitable, qualified and highly motivated professionals to fill the following position:- Head of Section – Production
Job Title: Head of Section – Production
Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensure efficient management of operations at the milling and packaging sections of the Production Dept. to meet company set goals and objectives
• Liaise with maintenance department to carry out effective maintenance on plant and equipment in order to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
• Manage the Milling and Packing plant to ensure product are produced and dispatched according to approved quality standards and to meet market demand
• Maintain a good communication with maintenance as well as disseminate relevant information to the different production teams and shifts
• Ensure accurate recording of production figures and timely preparation of reports.
• Manage production raw material stock to assure its continuous availability.
• Plan and propose production schedules and forecast raw material demand for the consideration of the Production Manager.
• Manage the activities of contract staffs in the department to ensure optimum utilisation of their services
• Develop the competencies of the team by identifying their training needs and ensuring the relevant training is provided.
• Ensure efficient management and motivation of teams
• Ensuring that applicable company policies and agreements are implemented and adhered to
• Ensure strict adherence to all EHS policies and procedures by all employees
• Ensure optimum and safe utilization of plant and equipment
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders for maximum benefits of the department.
• Propose department investments and projects for consideration by the Production Manager
• Any other duties assigned by management
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum qualification of BSc. Chemical / Mechanical / Material Engineering or its equivalent
• Minimum experience of 5 years of relevant experience of which at least 3 years in a similar management position. Work experience in industrial setting is an advantage
• Overall knowledge of cement technology, Good Computer knowledge
• Other Attributes: Assertive, honest, good team player, effective communications skills, self-motivated achiever with a penchant for attention to details
• Business Understanding: ISO 14001, ISO 18001 & 9001 management systems
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their application including their curriculum vitae to address:-
Closing Date: 25 June, 2014