HMD AFRICA is the leading trading company of world class heavy machinery and equipment. It is strongly related to the renowned dynamic network of HMD spread across Africa, and together, they consolidate the position of HMD’s brand as a pioneer in the industry.
For more than four decades, HMD Africa has excelled in the business of supplying new and used machinery and spare parts that caters to the needs of the mining, construction, earthmoving, asphalt, roadwork, recycling, transportation and agricultural industries, among others. Through its logistics office in Belgium, HMD Africa has risen above competition by offering complete warehousing, procurement and distribution services alongside its other line of professional services.
HMD Africa’s success is driven by its professional team, who not only specializes in servicing equipment supplied by the best international brands, but also provides expert consultancy to major projects and developments with a passion to exceed all expectations.
Job Title: Group Sales Director
Manages sales operations and Business Development in Ghana, Guinea and Nigeria to maximize return on investment through
- Optimizing Sales Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction,
- Growing profitable new and used complete good sales
- Exercising disciplined expense control
- Attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
- Develops and maintains effective Sales Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction in alignment with Salesforce CRM.
- Develop and build a company that will be no 1 in aftersales and customer service.
- Creates annual Sales Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
- Develops and executes Sales Department marketing plan and review progress monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals while realizing a minimum of 60% market share.
- Takes the lead in sharing best practices and implementing common process throughout the Sales Department.
- Maintains a complete goods pricing strategy to achieve budgeted sales, market share and financial objectives.
- Develops and manages a customer relationship process that includes
- The interaction with the customer base
- Customer profiling and classification
- Call scheduling and target marketing to realize after the sale and a minimum of 80% Customer Allegiance.
- Maintains an effective inventory control system that achieves a minimum of total complete goods inventory turnover of 4.2X and used equipment turnover of 4.0X.
- Recruits, hires, develops and retains key talents by maintaining a current
- Internal Depth Chart, Hiring Plan and an individual development plan for the sales team.
- Maintains sales department equipment including vehicles and sales office equipment.
- Managing the key accounts.
- We aim to have 3 big hubs; Ghana, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.
- Moreover we want to cover the rest of west africa through franchises or partnerships in order to have a presence in the whole West Africa Region.