Our client, an appointed representative and supplier of one of the worlds’s leading manufacturers of heavy mining, construction, and utility equipment is looking to recruit an Operations Manager/Director with proven experience in the industry for its West African Business Unit. This is a unique opportunity to work in a challenging environment at an exciting time for the Company, as it seeks to expand its operations into new and highly competitive areas. Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Operations Manager/Director will provide strong leadership in the profitability and market development of the Company, across the territories of Ghana, Sierra Leone and Nigeria.
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana, and will involve extensive travel throughout the region. Accra is Ghana’s cultural and tourist hub; located on the beautiful Ghanaian Atlantic coast, it provides an interesting and secure environment in which to live and work.
These will include, but not be limited to:
- Setting up and implementing new distributor networks in new territories
- Implementing and improving operational systems, processes and policies to ensure the effectiveness of the Company’s ability to sell equipment and related services/support to its customers in the region
- Driving initiatives in the management team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence and profitability.
- Proactively developing and enhancing relationships with existing and potential clients to promote sales and support
- Regularly monitoring and gathering market intelligence to keep abreast of our competitors’ performance
- Developing other territories and franchises outside those designated as and when the need arises
Required Skills or Experience
Experience and Qualifications
Whilst a Degree and/or a professional qualification in a mining or construction equipment discipline would be advantageous, rather than essential, we would like to hear from candidates who have:
- At least 10 years experience in heavy mining, construction and utility equipment
- Commercial focus, with the ability to make and retain effective business contacts
- West African experience and ideally, be living or located in Africa
- Good business development experience, the ability to lead the Company into new Regional marketplaces
- Experience of start up, and the flexibility to work within a relatively small operating unit
The remuneration package includes a very competitive basic salary, furnished housing, motor vehicle for business and private use, medical scheme, performance based bonus scheme, and other requisite fringe benefits
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward their CV (in English), quoting the Reference Number UK642395 in the subject line, to:[email protected]
Hudson offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work. Regrettably only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing: 17 Aug, 2011