Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
ICF International is seeking applications for a Renewable Energy Specialist position for a newly awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) power sector improvement program based in Accra, Ghana. The Renewable Energy Specialist will work closely with the Chief-of-Party and the Senior Power Sector Expert to provide technical support in grid-connected and off-grid renewable energy, emissions reductions and low-carbon development, and GHG accounting. S/he will also support program design and management, guide the development of renewable energy related activities, and work closely with Ghana stakeholders to meet program outcomes on time, within scope, and within budget. Applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience of working in Ghana or West Africa.
Local candidates from Ghana and the West Africa region are encouraged to apply. Hiring for this position is contingent on approval from USAID.
Company: ICF International
Category: NGO / International Agencies
Job status: Full-Time
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 10 Jun-2016
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, and/or Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience in the renewable energy and/or off-grid power sector
• Ability to demonstrate strong technical understanding of the off-grid energy systems
• Demonstrated ability to build capacity on renewable energy and GHG accounting
• Familiarity with grid integration of renewable energy projects into transmission and distribution systems
• 5+ years of off-grid renewable energy project development
• Knowledge of load forecasting, demand side management, and energy efficiency optimization and energy/environmental markets is an advantage
• Technical knowledge of micro grids and other isolated grid systems
• Demonstrated strong quantitative modeling skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills
• Familiarity with GIS modeling for transmission and distribution systems
• Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in Ghana.
• Experience with USAID programs and international donor programs related to energy
• Relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO
• Organizes tasks and effectively prioritizes work.
• Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
• Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
• Prepares high quality written and electronic products
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below:
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 June, 2016