Posted on :
17 May, 2016
ICF International is seeking applications for a long-term Energy Modeler position for a newly awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) power sector improvement program based in Accra, Ghana. The Energy Modeler will work closely with the Chief-of-Party and the Senior Power Sector Expert on developing and improving power sector models, supporting capacity building in energy efficiency, transmission and distribution, and GHG accounting. Applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience of working in Ghana or West Africa.
Local candidates from Ghana and the West Africa region are encouraged to apply. Hiring for these positions is contingent on approval from USAID.
Company: ICF International
Job status: Full-Time
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 10 Jun-2016
• Assisting with data collection and analysis for power sector modeling projects (i.e., technology characterizations, regional load and energy demand forecasts, power plant technologies cost and performance, resource assessments, fuel price forecasts)
• Researching energy and environmental regulations and policies
• Reviewing literature on cost and performance of power plants, transmission lines, and distribution systems
• Supporting the transmission and distribution modeling and analysis, including power flow and production cost modeling
• Supporting the assessment of transmission and distribution capacity needs
• Coordinating with other members of project teams throughout the company
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Science, or other related fields
• 5+ years of experience in the energy sector
• Ability to demonstrate strong quantitative and/or modeling skills, specifically database management and data analysis skills
• Managing, manipulating and analyzing large datasets
• Developing code and macros to process and manage large datasets
• Knowledge of linear optimization and energy/environmental markets is an advantage
• Demonstrated strong quantitative modeling skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills
• Familiarity with GIS modeling for transmission and distribution systems
• Strong interest in economics and finance in the energy industry
• Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in Ghana.
• Experience with USAID programs and international donor programs related to energy
• Relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO managing an office or program
• Organizes tasks and effectively prioritizes work.
• Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
• Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
• Prepares high quality written and electronic products
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below:
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 June, 2016