Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
ICF International is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Capacity Building Specialist for a newly awarded U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) power sector improvement program based in Accra, Ghana. The position will support the organization and development of activities that provide technical assistance in energy sector planning and modeling for partner institutions across the country, in coordination with the Chief of Party. S/he will implement the project’s strategy for technical capacity strengthening for project partners by conducting assessments, formulating effective strategies, and organizing training to build specific technical skills.
Company: ICF International
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 10 years
Job expires: 10 Jun-2016
• The position requires at least 10 years or more of progressively responsible work in developing, implementing and overseeing the performance management and reporting systems for complex, multi-national/regional Energy Efficiency/Renewable Energy programs. In addition, the applicant should be able to develop, implement, and manage training and workshops for complex, multi-stakeholder Energy Efficiency / Renewable Energy / Energy Planning programs. The successful candidate will also be asked to incorporate appropriate gender/social inclusion outreach and strategies to increase the effectiveness of activities for women, as well as their participation, and those with gender experience will be preferred.
• Local candidates from the Ghana and West Africa region are encouraged to apply. Hiring for this positions is contingent on approval from USAID.
• Developing, implementing, overseeing program performance management and reporting systems.
• Preparing and updating Performance Management Plans (PMP), ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of calculation methodologies used in the PMP
• Establishing data collection and management systems for M&E
• Developing activity under M&E plans, especially on the use of performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress toward Gender Equality and Female Empowerment outcomes and impacts
• Providing performance data, ensuring data integrity, verifying data
• Organizing and developing activities that provide technical assistance in energy sector planning and modeling for partner institutions across the region
• Conducting assessments, formulating effective strategies, and providing direction to partners to organize and deliver trainings to build specific technical skills for stakeholders
• Providing regional analysis or use of standard and customized performance indicators to reflect progress toward Gender Equality and Female Empowerment
• Applying knowledge of field tested gender analysis toolkits for relevant sector
• Coordinating with organizations/partners
• Preparing all required performance reports to USAID.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience with USAID projects
• Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, energy, environmental or climate change-related studies in public policy, economics, international cooperation/international development, or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluating projects, preferably in Ghana and/or West Africa
• Must have an understanding of different monitoring tools and experience on a program with similar scope and scale
• Demonstrated professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials
• Excellent English writing and speaking (S/4 and R/4 levels at least) as well as interpersonal and presentation skills
• Experience in capacity building of institutions, preferably in Ghana and/or West Africa
• Experience in designing and conducting energy, climate change, or related capacity needs assessments of individuals and institutions
• Experience in measuring capacity building achievements
• Ability to manage twinning relationships between institutions and individuals for transfer of skills, knowledge, and institutional capacity
• 5+ years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in design and management of development projects with a gender equality component
• Demonstrated ability to integrate gender equality and female empowerment in creative and innovative ways in programming and measurement
• Skills in developing and using technical and gender capacity assessment instruments
• Experience in developing technical and gender capacity building plans and strategies
• Experience in supporting complex, multi-national/regional activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
• Subject matter expertise in energy, environment, and/or climate change related programs.
• Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in Ghana and/or West Africa
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link below:
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 10 June, 2016