Posted on :
2 Aug, 2016
2 Aug, 2016
IDE Ghana enables the rural poor to transform their knowledge and skills into sustainable income through effective market participation and improves the natural resource base upon which their livelihoods depend. IDE Ghana works with poor rural female and male farmers in the Upper East Region of Ghana, where 70-80% of households depend on semi-subsistence rain-fed agricultural production on less than 1.5 ha of land. This region is one of the poorest and most food insecure regions of the country.
Job Title: Government Affairs Coordinator
The Government Affairs Coordinator (GAC) plays a key role in supporting the WASH Program Manager in managing government relationships. The GAC will work both in the target communities and Head Office, ensuring the effective increase in key government officials’ knowledge of, support for and participation in a gender sensitive and environmentally sound market-based sanitation and hand hygiene strategy.
• Engage Key Actors: Identify and secure key Government relationships in order to develop partnership opportunities with key influencers that can be leveraged across all regional markets.
• Relationship Building: Execute strategic plan to grow and strengthen relationships with corporate, educational, community and government channels.
• Conduct Workshops: on sanitation market development for Government, including gender sensitivity and environmental considerations.
• External Communications: correspond with external stakeholders to keep them informed of program developments and milestone achievements.
• Keep a Risk Register: communicating and reporting on regulatory risks & issues material to the delivery of the project, escalating decisions in a timely manner.
• Conduct Exposure Visits: sanitation market development exposure visits for Government officials.
How to Apply
Please email your Cover Letter indicating your experience and interest for this position and a CV to [email protected]