IDEAL Finance Limited is a financial institution licensed by the Bank of Ghana under the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Act, 2008 (Act 774). It was incorporated in 2009 following the visionary CEO’s aim to head a benchmark financial institution. It commenced operations in the year 2010 with its office located in the Kingsway Building, Accra – Ghana. Its aggressive marketing strategy saw the institution over achieve its set targets well before the end of the first year of its existence. After a year of operations, the staff strength had more than doubled to cater for high demand of IFL products and services. The year 2011 saw the company acquire its first property which became the Head Office and also the establishment of a new branch (Nima Branch). By the year 2012, key management staffs were brought on board to assist in the rapid growth of the institution. This move has seen the company attain greater heights giving IFL a competitive edge over its competitors. The year 2013 saw further expansion with the opening of the Tema Branch. The impressive performance of the IDEAL brand in all our offices is a persuasive testimony of the company’s ardent assurance to best practices and consistent quality service delivery.
JOB TITLE: Head, Corporate Finance
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: General Manager
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Corporate Finance Team
To coordinate and supervise activities at the Corporate Finance department so as to ensure that deals are initiated and executed profitably.
- Supervising deal origination, due diligence, negotiations, structuring and executing corporate finance deals such as debt or equity capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Supervising the development of investment / deal books and documents such as pitchbooks, proposals, information memoranda, prospectus, prequalification teasers, termssheets etc.
- Pitching to prospective clients and investors.
- Evaluating various financial instruments.
- Undertaking Company valuations and analysis.
- Undertaking product development and structuring of financial instruments.
- Developing corporate plans, such as strategic plans, business plans and feasibility studies.
- Providing support in Asset allocation and portfolio rebalancing.
- Developing tools/frameworks to choose attractive investments and optimize risk exposure (across rates, credit and across sectors)
- Researching and contacting potential financial and strategic buyers
- Serving as critical team member in the execution of advisory and financing transactions
- Performing indepth company and industry research supporting specific client engagements and marketing opportunities
- Assigns duties to and monitors activities of team members to ensure achievement of performance standards.
- Identifies the training needs of immediate team members and organizes or recommends appropriate training for them.
- Administers discipline affecting immediate team members in accordance with the company’s disciplinary policy and procedures.
Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Maintains contacts with all departmental and other line managers on matters concerning investments and financial management.
- Maintains contact with customers
- Maintains contact with relevant government departments
- Maintains contact with other financial institutions
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ASSETS
Has the responsibility for the conservation and efficient utilization of vehicles, computers and office equipment assigned to the department.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a University degree in Statistics, B.Com, Mathematics, or Business Administration ( Finance or Accounting Option)
- Professional qualification in ACCA or ICA or CIMA will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5yrs working experience in a relevant field, 3 of which must be in a managerial role in the financial institution.
- Technical Competence
- Excellent understanding of financial details
- Ability to design and implement investment and marketing plans and strategies
- Experience in corporate finance, investment banking, fund management or related activities.
- Good presentation skills
- Managerial Competence
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Team leadership skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Innovative skills
- Personality Competence Assertiveness
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate with people at all levels
- Have high level of integrity Trustworthiness
- A strong level of drive and determination strives to achieve results
- Willing to work under highly demanding and challenging conditions
- Willing to go beyond the call of duty in ensuring exceptional service provision
How To Apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Group HR Ideal Financial Holdings P. O. Box CT 6387, Cantonments Accra Ghana
or emailed to:
The Group HR at [email protected] (mailto:[email protected])
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting.