iDE’s approach is creating demand for household sanitation and hand washing solutions and encouraging local businesses to invest their own resources to serve the demand. The WASH program’s four-pronged approach:
Deepens households’ initial sanitation demand using a marketing approach that engenders behaviour change
Designs and builds the capacity of local businesses to produce and sell affordable and sustainable sanitation solutions
Supports the establishment of local financial mechanisms to facilitate households’ access to sanitation and hygiene solutions
Engages with local government authorities to sensitize them on the importance for enforcing regulations and creating an enabling business environment for the success of entrepreneurs providing a market-based sanitation and hand hygiene solution.
Job Title: Quality Control Coordinator
- The Quality Control Coordinator (QCC) is responsible for conducting field audits of completed toilet facilities, enforcing consistency and process improvements of standards production by concrete producers, control quality at both production and installation phases, and facilitate onsite coaching/training for new concrete producers.
- Facilitate continuous material and process optimization to reduce lags in production and installation periods.
- As part of the production team, the Quality Control Coordinator (QCC) report directly to the Production Manager and work closely with the logistics officers.
- When necessary the QCC works closely with the sales team and interact with customers and have continuous relationship with concrete producers.
Performing Of Duties:
- The position is full time and the scope and emphasis of the role are based on Responsibilities and Accountability. Scopes might change over time, new responsibilities may be added and existing ones dropped or modified as required by senior management team.
- Conduct post installation audits
- Maintain or improve on standard product quality and on-time delivery
- Ensure appropriate siting of toilet facilities
- On-site coaching/training of new concrete producers
- Continuous optimization of material use and installation to reduces process
- Visit the production yards to take samples of products and inspect production
- Support production manager in identifying and recruiting new concrete producers
- Resolving likely conflict between concrete producer and customers
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for declaring that a product is completed and safe for use
- Ensure siting/installation of toilet product meets environmental regulatory standards
- Concrete producers understand toilet design guideline
- Concrete producer builds facilities that meets iDE toilet DNA
- Toilet components are produced within the maximum days
- Toilet are installed within the specified number of days and meets customer’s satisfaction
- Effective record keeping on concrete producers’ performance, to aid producers in improving their performance and for making decisions regarding specific producers and be relied upon to meet specified requirements
- Toilet siting and handing over forms duly completed for approval
- Concrete producers use health and safety precautionary measures in their processes
- If there is a problem, quality control inspectors meet with production staff to work out the root cause of the problem and to decide whether current processes need to be changed. They might make recommendations for improvement.
- Reporting all environmental issues that emerges before, during and post installation
Required Skills or Experience
- Construction Technician Certificate II (CTC II)
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in field works
- In lieu of the certificate, at least 5 years work experience in building construction will be considered
- Available for regular travel within all parts of the Northern Region
- Experience working in rural areas and with rural communities is an asset
- Knowledge in WASH is an asset
- Spoken and written English, and knowledge of at least 3 northern languages
- Ability to ride motorbike
- Experience in work planning and record keeping
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Ready to work in sanitation marketing
- Able to work under pressure without complaining
- Confident, organized, and proactive
- Good communication skills
- High level of empathy and patience
- Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role
- A high level of commitment to IDE’s values and objectives
- A highly responsible approach to all tasks
How to Apply
Please email your Cover Letter and CV to Christine Otchere at [email protected]