Posted on :
18 Oct, 2013
18 Oct, 2013
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organisation created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 international recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit: http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA
Job Title: Admin and Accounts Assistant
• Assist the IITA Country Representative with the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of IITA’s office in Accra, Ghana.
• Assume responsibilities for general office administrative functions including, but not limited to, travel logistics, hosting of visitors, responding to inquiries, planning stakeholders’ workshop/ meetings, drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, recruitment of staff, vehicle and office equipment maintenance, general photocopying, procurement of supplies and equipment, and dealing with phone cans.
• Develop and maintain an efficient filing system and database on IITA project activities and stakeholders
• Undertake purchase requisitions, prepare vendors and sub-contractors invoices and client invoices
• Process all payments daily or as required, cheques and payment vouchers must be prepared in line with the specific approvals
• Make entries of all bank transactions into the accounting system, verifying accuracy, approvals, and accounting code in accordance with specific funding source
• Manage Petty Cash and payments of travel advances and associated expense reports in accordance with IITA policies and procedures
• Assist with preparing monthly bank reconciliations of all IITA accounts in Ghana for approval.
• Assist with monthly payroll procedures including statutory payment processes and taxations
• Assist with the production of monthly financial reports, i.e. field financial reports including income statement, expenditure reports and travel expense statements
• Make and store photocopies of all original vouchers, invoices, receipts and other supporting documents of bank transactions monthly after submission of the field report
• Work with the Finance/Accounting Officer to ensure proper expenditure tracking and assist with project-appropriate expenditure tracking systems in line with project budgets and activities.
Carrying out other duties related to the administrative and financial management as may be determined by the supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc or Higher National Diploma in either Business Management/Administration or Accounting.
• Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a related role in a large organisation.
• Good office and human resources management skills.
• Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
• Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly
• Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills
• Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organise workload; take initiative and work under pressure
• Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
How To Apply For The Job
Applications including curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees should be sent as an attachment to the country Representative,
University of Ghana, Legon
Closing Date: 25 October, 2013