World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over two decades. World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all the 10 Regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education.
World Vision is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons for the position of Information Technology (IT) Manager.
To provide leadership and management of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and establish ICT as a critical success factor in all World Vision’s work.
- Develop and maintain National Office ICT Strategy and related policies and standards that are aligned with Partnership and Regional ICT strategy, policies and standards and National Office strategy
- Prepare, review and monitor the ICT Annual Budget and Operating Plan to ensure effective implementation f the ICT Strategy
- Provide leadership and advise National Officer Leadership Team on ICT Developments and Policy Issues and their impact on the National Office operations and strategy
- Develop the capacity of the ICT team through training and coaching methodologies to ensure that there is sufficient skill sets to provide and support ICT services to the organization
- Develop, deploy and maintain appropriate ICT Infrastructure and Connectivity solutions for both head office and field offices for secure, efficient and effective flow of information to facilitate operations and decision making
- Established appropriate operational procedures, tools and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users (at the head office and field offices ) that ensures high user productivity and guarantees customer satisfaction
- Work with the Regional and Global ICT Teams to Leverage global ICT resources to access specialized network or applications support.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronic Engineer or related field
- Five years working experience in 2 of which have been in the capacity of managing an ICT/MIS department in a busy environment
- Qualified as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE) or CCNA
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes Administration
- Good communication skills and articulate both verbally and in the written word
- Good people management skills and experience
- Ability to relate technical issues to business related issues
- The preferred candidate must be a committed Christian
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV to: [email protected]
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Closing: 9th June, 2011