Established in 2002, the International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is the leading organisation promoting child protection in cocoa-growing communities. ICI works with the cocoa industry, civil society and national governments in cocoa-producing countries to ensure a better future for children and contribute to the elimination of child labour.
Job Title: CLMRS Field Associate
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) seeks a CLMRS Field Associate to support its operations in Ghana.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. The system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based in the field and under the authority National Coordinator and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Projects Coordinator, the incumbent will:
- Ensure the liaison between the ICI office in Accra, regional stakeholders and local authorities;
- Provide local and consistent implementation of the guidelines and policies established by ICI Foundation;
- Collect, analyze and transmit all relevant information from the field to ensure regular reporting to the NC and Supply Chain Projects Coordinator on project progress and prepare technical reports;
- Ensure proper set-up and roll-out of the CLMRS in the region, specifically:
- Participate in the recruitment of Monitoring and Remediation Agents (MRA) together with the societies and the industry partners
- Participate in the selection of the Community Facilitators (CF)
- Participate in the training of MRAs and CFs and organize field-level training logistics
- Provide ongoing technical support to MRAs and the CFs, ensuring that they fulfill their terms of reference
- Pro-actively monitor KPIs for the area under his/her responsibility and pro-actively work towards their improvement
- Support community-level awareness-raising sessions on child labour
- Advise on remediation strategies and follow-up on the implementation remediation activities
- Assist partners (suppliers, societies, LBCs, etc.) in setting-up and running the CLMRS
- Organize the logistics around the field visits of ICI staff from Accra and Geneva or industry partners;
- Work on any other related tasks as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Applicant must have:
- University Degree or Higher Education degree (minimum two years) in a relevant field (agronomy, development studies, supply-chain management, etc.);
- Experience working on rural development or cocoa supply-chain.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of actors;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work autonomously in remote environments and to keep a high level of motivation;
- Be pro-active;
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and experience in activities related to the fight against child labor;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office software products, in particular Word and Excel.
The position is based in the ICI’s project districts in Ghana. The applicant should be licensed and able to ride a motor bike.
Fluency in written and spoken English, and a Ghanaian language preferably Twi. Knowledge of French would be an important plus.
How to Apply
Please send documents with the titles “ cover letter”.
Please put “CLMRS Field Associate” in the email subject line [email protected].
Applications must be received by close of day 19th September 2016.