A leading International development organization specialized in the promotion of sustainable supply chains (cocoa, oil palm, soy & cotton, maize and gold) is seeking to recruit highly skilled and results oriented persons to fill the under listed positions. The organization has its regional office in Accra, Ghana and country programmes in Mali, Senegal, Cote D’Ivoire, Nigeria and Cameroon. The NGO together with producer organizations, private companies, brands, communities and governments work to create initiatives for sustainable trade in which environmental and social costs of production systems are avoided.
- Program Officers (6 No Positions)
- REPORTING LINE: Cocoa Academy Coordinator
- LOCATION: Selected districts’ capital in the cocoa belt of Ghana (Western, Ashanti, Brong-Ahafo, Central and Volta region)
The candidate will manage NGCY project and other related projects independently and/or in consultation with the Program Manager according to project goals and team agreements. The role also involves providing support to the project or programme initiative and the provision of professional advice and input and cooperation with a broad range of target groups.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training of community lead farmers in cocoa agronomy, basic agri-business skills, use of ICT in monitoring farmers’ continuous improvements in production practices
- Be the key liaison between the cocoa academy coordinator and participating youth from various communities
- Carry out regular field visits to project sites in accordance with the requirements of the project
- Provide administrative support to the programme Unit
- Lead in community mobilization for selecting farmer trainers or lead farmers, field sites for demonstration, prepare field level training budgets and collate field monitoring reports on trainings
- Prioritise and coordinate relevant project activities at the local level in cooperation with partners, and the implementation of these activities.
- Monitor operational budgets and report to the cocoa academy coordinator
- Data collection focal person for the M&E unit of the programme
- Support the organisation of field days and knowledge sharing across various youth cocoa alumni groups as well as assist the alumni to prepare and plan annual events
- Any other official duty assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- A university degree in agriculture or social science but with field experience related for working with farmers or youth groups
- Basic project management with data analysis skills
- Minimum of three (3 ) years of professional working experience in a similar position related to the program goals
- Proficiency in MS-Office
- Strong writing and communicating skills
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve results
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, creative and results oriented
- Ability to take initiatives and be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Interested applicants should submit electronic applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to [email protected] by 10th July 2015.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- An applicant should indicate in the subject line of the email the position she/he is applying for.
- Both the CV and Letter of expression of interest in any positions should be attached to the email. We shall not review any application not complying fully with this instruction.
- We offer competitive remunerative packages, opportunities for competence development and exciting work environment for our work teams