Posted on :
24 May, 2016
24 May, 2016
Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Company: Tigo Ghana
Category: ICT / Computer
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 31 May-2016
• The TIP (Tigo Internship Program) seeks to expose students to work in the telecoms industry and offer undergraduates the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience in the professional fields they are considering for their career paths.
• Participate in interesting and challenging projects
• Receive customized skills based and professional development training
• Be mentored by seasoned Tigo professionals
• Submit a final project report
• Selected interns will be placed in one of the five (5) departments below
• We promote Tigo’s institutional image, develop awareness and build the reputation of Tigo, through initiating, managing and delivering all corporate communications activities to ensure Tigo has a clear identity and high levels of goodwill and understanding among our various stakeholder groups.
• Preferred course of study: BA Arts (Information Studies, French, English)/ BSc Administration
• The marketing department has overall responsibility for growing revenue, increasing market share and contributing to company growth and profitability. We plan campaigns and develop communications material to promote products and services to customers and prospects. We organize events, such as exhibitions, music concerts, marketing conferences and customer hospitality events. They connect the user with the solution.
• Preferred course of study: BSc Marketing/Geography and Regional Planning/Statistics/Computer Science/Information Technology
• We are at the heart of the Digital Lifestyle agenda for Tigo Ghana, providing unmatched and innovative voice, data and MFS products. The department is the hub of operations of the entire business and is also responsible for pricing for calls, determining customer values and business intelligence.
• Preferred course of study: B.Com, BSc Statistics/Actuarial Science, BSc Administration
• The technology department takes care of the network we call Tigo. They are in charge of ensuring you are able to receive and make calls on your mobile device. The team also consists of Engineers and Information Technology experts who design the products proposed by the mobile department. Our aim is to become a more customer focused department by having a single owner of all technical issues related to the customer.
• Preferred course of study: BSc Information Technology/Computer Science/Chemical Engineering/Physics/Management in Information Systems
• We at Tigo Business are as committed to providing tailored cutting-edge solutions to established corporations and to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs). As such we deliver on our promise to offer ‘A solution for every company” by identifying with the specific needs of both local and multinational business, across all business categories and adapting to service these needs with relevant solutions.
• Preferred course of study: BSc Marketing (Sociology, Marketing options), BSc Administration, Bachelor of Management Studies
• You must be a between the ages of 20 and 26 years and must be a second or third year undergraduate student from a recognized tertiary institution
• Class rank-2nd class lower and above
To apply follow the following steps
• Read about the available departments for internships
• Upload your resume and cover letter stating your department of interest in the title of your cover letter e.g. Application for Marketing Intern
• Scan, save and upload your school internship letter and educational transcript to [email protected]
• Upload an interesting video (2mins max) of yourself via Whatsapp to mobile number-0277-550050 telling us why you should earn a place on the program
What to expect next
Your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team. If we find it interesting you will be invited to participate in some interviews and tests to assess your fit with the program.
Candidates who do not follow through with all five (5) steps will not be considered.
Closing Date: 31 May, 2015