Posted on :
18 Oct, 2016
18 Oct, 2016
IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organisation.
Job Title: Media Monitor
• Under the direct supervision of the Media Analyst, the Media Monitor will assist with the following tasks, Monitor a sample of local media using the methodology provided by the Media Analyst.
• Analyse daily a sample of local media (TV, radio, newspaper) including social media using the methodology provided by the Media Analyst to measure time and assess tone devoted to political parties and candidates
• Daily data entry of the findings
• Give when needed information on the general media landscape
• Any other tasks as may be required
• Candidates should have previous media/press officer and website design experience
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations or other related field, relevant professional experience of at least 3 years (preferably with international organizations or NGOs)
• Excellent English communications skills and ability to work in a team are essential
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be submitted by email to:
email@example.com – Clearly stating the position VNE number
Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details.
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016