Posted on :
18 Oct, 2016
18 Oct, 2016
IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organization.
Job Title: VNE-12 Security Expert Assistant (2 Positions)
• Under the overall supervision of the Security Expert, the Security Expert Assistant will support the Security Expert in his responsibility to establish appropriate safety and Security arrangements for the mission and its mission members and in providing instructions and guidance on the safety of EU observers
• The assistant will support in establishing and maintaining working relations with relevant security personnel operating in the host country, such as security officers at the EU Delegation and member states representations in the host country and the region, United Nations Security Officers, in particular UNDSS and other diplomatic missions
• Under the guidance of the security expert, the security expert assistant will assist in analysing the risk, security procedures and evacuations overall context in Ghana with particular emphasis on the electoral process
Qualification Required & Experience
• Military / Police background or any related field and 3 years of working knowledge with International NGOs.
• Candidates should demonstrate experience and interest in information gathering, risk analysis, advising procedures, contacts with the security authorities and report writing
• The Security Expert Assistant should have the ability to work long hours and have good security knowledge of the country
• Excellent English communications skills are essential
• Fluency in any other local language would be an asset
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be submitted by email to:
[email protected] – Clearly stating the position VNE number
Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details.
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016