ISRAD is a non-profit local development organization that has been providing development services since 2006. It was founded to undertake integrated development research, design and manage development programme to improve the lives of people. Since its inception, ISRAD has implemented projects funded by USAID/PMI, European Union, Global Fund, Ghana AIDS Commission, and Warren Buffet Foundation, focusing on malaria, local governance and decentralization, HIV/AIDS and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
ISRAD operates throughout the country and is governed by well experienced Board of Directors with key personnel who have accomplished and admirable credentials. It has its Regional office in Accra.
Most importantly, ISRAD has over 10 staff of varied backgrounds, a
network of about 17 different local consultants and associates in the
delivery of projects.
Our work is guided by the following principles:
Follow community priorities: ISRAD uses a participatory process
to guide the Communities and clients we serve to identify their
Led by demand: ISRAD undertakes projects that the community and
local government identify as priorities and transfers the
completed projects to the suitably-prepared hands of the
community and local authorities.
Work locally: ISRAD creates solutions appropriate to the region
where they are implemented, employing, wherever possible,
local labor and materials.
Form productive partnerships: ISRAD partners with communities,
government, the private sector and other international and local
organizations, and fosters ongoing partnerships among these
entities to ensure that our projects have the greatest positive
impact possible for the communities with whom we work.
Job Title: M & E Officer
Project Area : Maternal, Neonatal Child Health
Reports to : Director of Programmes
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects.
- The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
- The incumbent will play role in promoting of key learnings for the improvement of the project and for wider leaning of the organisation.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- To supervise regular data collection through project officers and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyse and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project officers and manager.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to ISRAD’s monitoring and evaluation system
- Support project team in conducting baseline surveys and KAP surveys
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
- Support project team team in developing the annual and six monthly organisational reports.
- Manage ISRAD’s online database
- Support project team in dealing with any other tasks as may be required
- Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project LFA and consulting with programme team and partners
- Engage with project team to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects
- Ensure quality of data collected by Project Officers
- Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
- Assist Project Manager in building capacity of Project Officers, Community health volunteers on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E)
- Design, coordinate and conduct project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
- Assist Manager in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey (PIMS)
- Conduct Programme Data Review
- Support project team in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input
Reporting and Documentation
- Assist Project Managers in developing monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant Project staff
- Project Manager during multi-year plan and budget process to develop a good quality MPB for the country programme (CP)
- Assist Project Manager in reviewing project plans during MPB process
- Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans
Learning and Sharing
- Share learning from M&E process with the wider team
- Support project officers in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
- Promote culture of two way learning in the organisation
Contribution to Effectiveness of the Programme
- Work collaboratively with different programmes for strengthening integration and cross-learning in programmes
- Proactively volunteer for various team activities
- Show an eagerness to take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager
The position is open for women only.
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in any social or health science discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organisations
- Knowledge of Health issues, challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of SPSS software
- Knowledge in GIS software
- Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 02 years with some international organisation
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating Health projects
- Experience of field data collection
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of conducting research
- Experience of organising lesson-learning sessions
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management
- Analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
- Handling data through SPSS
- Communication skills for presenting monitoring findings
- Time management and ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Travelling to far flung areas independently for M&E
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancy, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees.
- To apply for this role please forward your CV, covering letter, outlining your skills and experience and salary expectations to [email protected] by June 16, 2016.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews scheduled in Accra