Posted on :
28 Jul, 2016
28 Jul, 2016
St. Francis College of Education was the first catholic institution established in the Lower Volta Vicariate in 1908 by the German SCD missionaries on a parcel of land donated by Bla, Kpeme, and Abansi. It was then called St. Augustine’s College.
It was reopened the third time on 14th February, 1947 and named St. Francis’ College with St. Francis Xavier as the Patron Saint.
The College is now under the Episcopal jurisdiction of HO Diocese headed by His Lordship Most Rev. Francis Kofi Anani Lodonu.
Applications are invited for appointment to the position of Secretary of St. Francis’ College of Education, Hohoe a renowned Catholic Institution in Teacher Education.
Job Title: Secretary of the College
The Secretary of the college shall act as:
• Secretary to Council and non-voting member;
• The Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is answerable to the Principal ofthe College;
• The Secretary or his representative shall serve as Secretary of all other Boards and Statutory Committees of the College;
• And may perform all other functions as may be assigned by the Council of the College and the Principal.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must have:
• A relevant Researched Master’s Degree or PhD;
• Rank not below Senior Lecturer/Deputy Registrar OR Deputy Director in the Ghana Education Service (GES);
• Relevant post-qualification experience in a Senior Management position of at least five (5) years;
• Proven leadership skills and experience at the tertiary education level, and
• Must not be more than 55 years at the time of application.
How to Apply For the Job
The prospective candidate must provide:
• A written Application;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Names, Addresses, Telephone Contact and e-mail addresses of three referees;
• A two page vision statement for the College;
which should reach the following address by Friday, August 19th 2016.
The Search Committee
St. Francis’ College of Education
P.O. Box 100
Or by email to:-
Closing Date: 19 August, 2016