Posted on :
10 Sep, 2013
10 Sep, 2013
The Logistics Manager position will be based in Takoradi and report to the Ghana Supply Chain Manager. The positions is accountable for all aspects of Materials and Logistics Management in support of Ghana Exploration and Production activities. The Logistics Manager will identify, optimize and implement strategy aligned with project goals, values and operating standards.
The Logistics Manager position will also ensure the availability and provision of Marine, Aviation, Land Transport, Warehousing/Yard Operations, in line with operational requirements, Lifting and Personnel Movements, Materials Management in conjunction, cooperation and support of Logistics Base Management
• Mentor & train local staff
• Provide onsite management and supervision to base personnel and all daily operations.
• Fully aware of and manage all movements to and from base by land, sea or air.
• Be in contact with and fully appraised of all regulatory requirements/agencies to ensure efficient movement of personnel and materials to and from the base
• Obtaining appropriate documentation for movements of personnel and equipment to and from base to support offshore operation
• Provide security to base.
• Provision of daily report detailing status of all equipment necessary to drill wells.
• Keep records of all equipment on base and movement to and from base, sufficient for 3rd party auditing and accounting purposes
• Provision of safe efficient warehousing and storage of equipment on base
• Carrying out and drive safety audits as required
• Identifying all site hazards and communicating these to all who use the site
• Track MDS sheets for all chemicals onsite and or substances hazardous to health and be conversant with safety measures necessary to protect those on site.
• Management and strategic direction of direct reports and cooperative interface with peers to ensure pro-active delivery of logistics services
• Develop strategy for logistics activities along with alignment methodology across Ghana & Houston
• Develop and maintain Logistics preferred vendor lists
• Review Logistics supply market developments and opportunities
• Define Logistics requirements for ITT’s, and support BU’s in performing technical and commercial evaluations of Logistics bids
• Act as technical advisor to project and operations teams in the formation of Logistics plans and strategies for current operations and/or new projects
• Develop and maintain group processes and standards for Logistics Operations
• Liaise with Group and EHS advisors with respect to Logistics Risk Assessments, Logistics supplier education, Logistics Incident management and Logistics incident investigation
• Maintain and undertake cost and service benchmarks for Logistics costs and performance
• Perform audits of logistics practices and processes
Standards of Health, Safety and Environmental performance
• Upper quartile EHS performance and meeting all Company/EHS targets
• Achieve continuous improvement in health, safety and environmental performance
• Key Metric:
• Stretch: no recordable incidents
• Target: no high potential incidents
• Minimum: no fatalities or permanent disabling injuries
Key member of the Ghana Drilling Team
• Work closely with the members of the Well Delivery Team and all other members of the project team to ensure all disciplines work in a cross-functional manner and project objectives are met
• Constructively challenge assumptions, etc. with the aim of improving the final business outcomes.
• Ensure the provision of appropriate technical input to the resolution of emergency situations
• Be aware of all local legislative requirements which impact on the drilling activities
Job Type: Staff
• Ability to prioritize and deliver results in short timeframes.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Deliver results.
• Possesses good problem solving skills.
• Takes initiative.
• Works well in team environment.
• Communicates openly and shares knowledge.
• Some Aviation experience – including people movement & tracking, and aviation safety
• Some Materials Management experience – including hazardous material handling and LECOP lifts STPS
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum 20 years Oil & Gas operational support experience at Supervisory / Manager level
• Minimum 10 years supporting deepwater D&C operations at Supv / Mgr level
• Minimum 15 years experience of chartering & directing marine operations at Supv / Mgr level
• Minimum 5 years experience in contracting and directing of rotary support again at Mgr / Supv level.
• Minimum 10 years experience as principal lead for Logistics in Emergency Response planning and member of ER Team.
• Minimum 10 years experience of directing and mentoring of local National staffs.
How To Apply For The Job
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to apply, then Please send your CV to the Head of Recruitment – JLP MANPOWER
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 September, 2013