Posted on :
8 Jun, 2016
8 Jun, 2016
AngloGold Ashanti in Ghana realized, as many other companies in the sectors have, that addressing health problems at the broader community level saves money and increases productivity in the process.
AngloGold Ashanti is a global gold mining company with operations throughout Africa, the Americas, and Australia. Many of the countries in which it operates face serious health problems. In Ghana, for instance, malaria is endemic. One of AngloGold Ashanti’s major mining operations in Ghana is located in Obuasi, in the southern part of the Ashanti region. For a company that relies on a local workforce, the health of the community is critical, and high rates of malaria among mine workers severely affected the business.
In 2005, the hospital operated by AngloGold Ashanti and located near the mine treated an average of 6,800 malaria cases per month, of which 2,500 were mine employees. That figure represented more than 30 percent of the workforce at the mine. Worker absenteeism and low productivity during recovery entailed serious costs.Beyond the direct effects of infection on the worker population, the disease also had secondary impacts on productivity, as mine workers often stayed home from work to care for sick family members
Job Title: Superintendent – Procurement and Contracts
• The purpose of this role is to assist with Contracts, Procurement and Projects Administration to ensure continuous improvement, high quality and integrity of contracts on the Mine.
• Excellent knowledge of Procurement techniques, contract formulation and administration, transportation, customs and duties, suppliers, negotiation strategies and information systems technology.
• Managing SAP to ensure compliance with procurement parameters and data accuracy.
• Provide direction and supervision to the Procurement and Contracts section within the Procurement and Supply Chain unit.
• Facilitate the procurement process including bid preparation, tender/competitive bidding, analyse tender results in conjunction with site lead personnel, negotiation and order/contract award.
• Apply industry knowledge and well-developed leadership skills to drive and implement strategic sourcing plans to deliver sustainable, year-on-year improvements in company profit.
• Lead and motivate the Procurement and Contracts teams to continuously deliver an improvement in capability and performance,
• Collect, analyse and report sourcing and supply data to inform leadership decision-making, to reinforce the Supply Chain Business Case and to maximise compliance,
• Participating in sourcing projects at regional and group level for well-defined ranges of products and services.
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation.
• Maintaining an excellent working relationship and acting as a supportive role with all departments.
• Promoting positive Company image among vendors and the local community.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent plus minimum of eight (8) years working experience in the Mining Industry OR
• Degree in Supply Chain Management with a minimum of eight (8) years working experience operating at middle-management level (CIPS Certified).
• Proficient in the- use of ERP SAP Materials Management package
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft office package, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills as well as the ability to identify recommend and implement cost-effective efficiencies for overall improvement to the operation.
• Possess strong managerial and leadership skills, business and customer service orientation
• Must have the demonstrated ability to analyse and understand commercial conditions in all contracts,
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
Location: Iduaprem – Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Friday 14th June, 2016:
The Senior Manager-Human Resources
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P. O. Box 283
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 14 June, 2016
Only shortlisted applicant will be invited to attend interview.