Posted on :
27 May, 2016
27 May, 2016
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organisation.
JOB TITLE: Business Support Officer – Cocoa
LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
Monthly Salary: GHC 3,686 TO 5,005
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE
• To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
• Post holder reports to: Regional Cocoa Manager
• Staff reporting to this post: None
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING
• To provide FTA producer support services at ground level and constantly provide feedback to the Business Development Advisor and Regional Cocoa Manager.
• The holder will also provide the local FTA members with business growth and FTA information support.
Key Performance Areas
• Membership Data Bases and Local Knowledge
• Create a data base of current and potential members in the country
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with member organisations. Be a go-to person on issues relating to FTA
• Collect views and needs of the members and share these at all times with the Business Development Advisor and Regional Cocoa Manager
• Advise the Business Development Advisor and Regional Cocoa Manager on members perceptions and attitudes towards FTA and the NFOs and other stakeholders operating within the region
• Provides feedback to the Business Development Advisor and the Regional Cocoa manager on issues and trends in relation to the implementation of WACP as well as provide input into the implementation of the Programme.
• Gather information on other related organisations working within the same region and advise the Business Development Advisor (BDA).
• Support BDA in the assessment of non-Fairtrade Certified organizations to gauge readiness for joining Fairtrade
• Support BDA provide trainings for certified cocoa producer organizations in the country on identified thematic issues within the scope of WACP
• Ensure that he/she has good understanding of the nature of member business.
• Ensure follow up on member issues with the BDA and regional offices
• Follow up on membership fees collection
• Provide input to BDA and Regional Cocoa Manager on how best to meet membership needs and the packaging of such support
• Prepare and submit project field reports
• Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public and government institutions, educational institutions etc. who have a stake in the plight of the FTA members
• Advocate on FTA policies and issues with the local opinion leaders and decision makers in close liaison with Business Development Advisor
• Ensure awareness of the local trends, perceptions and players in the local community. Advise the BDA on how to manage risk and also optimise on the opportunities
• Influence localised policies and perceptions in favour of FTA and FI systems though the support of BDA.
• Support FTA projects on the ground
• Prepare and provide reports to BDA on projects progress
• Provide feedback on project challenges and recommend remedial actions
• Identify opportunities for new projects, collect data and information for forwarding to BDA and Regional Cocoa Manager
• Provide support to the members in project implementation. Constantly communicate the objectives of the projects to ensure member buy in.
• Ensure policies and procedures are in place and are adhered to by
Provide Administrative Support
• Ensure all FTA procedures and systems are adhered
• Ensure effective exchange of information and development of good practice regarding all relevant issues relating to FTA
• Mentor members and potential members on FTA requirements.
TOT Interns Support
• Work closely with member organisations in identifying potential TOT Interns from among them
• Screen and recommend potential candidates to BDA
• Carry out the induction of the TOT Interns and identify skills and knowledge needs
• Coach and mentor the TOT Interns at all times
• Develop TOT workplans and work schedules and supervise the same
• Agree a mechanism of expense disbursement and claim for TOT Interns with the BDA and Regional Cocoa Manager
• Provide them with work performance measures and monitor the same.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Requirement
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or a Diploma in relevant field with additional work experience
Other Specialist Training or Certifications
• Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
• At least 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
Communication demands and competencies
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
• Excellent communication skills
• Competence in some of the local languages
How To Apply For The Job
Completed applications should be e-mailed to:
[email protected] .All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
If you have any queries, please e-mail [email protected] or call+27214473486 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team . Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment.
This job description is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time based on discussions with the post holder and the line manager. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievements of key responsibilities in accordance with the Performance Review Process
Closing Date: 07 June, 2016
Click Here to apply for Business Development Advisor – Cocoa