Posted on :
27 May, 2016
27 May, 2016
The University for Development Studies, Tamale was established in 1992 as a multi-campus institution. It is the fifth publicuniversity to be established in Ghana. This deviates from the usual practice of having universities with central campuses and administrations. It was created with the three northern regions of North Ghana in mind. These are the Northern Region, Upper East Region and the Upper West Region.
Job Title: Director Of Sports
• The Sports Directorate is under the Office of the Registrar.
• In the discharge of his/her duties, the Director of Sports shall report to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar.
The Director of Sports shall:
• Be the Head of UDS Sports
• Design and implement the University’s Sports programmes
• Co-ordinate all sporting activities and games on all the University’s Campuses
• Be responsible for drawing up curricula for short and regular courses in Sports Management, Physical Education and Recreation, and related fields
• Provide leadership to the Sports Coaches and all other staff in the Sports Directorate
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidate must have the following Qualifications:
• Must hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in Sports Administration and Management, Physical Education, and related fields. Additional professional certificate(s) In Sports will be an added advantage.
• Must EITHER a be Deputy Director of Sports in a University or analogous institution for a minimum of three (3) years
• have a minimum of twelve (12) years post-qualification experience as a Sports Administrator in an Organisation or establishment
• Must have exceptional fund raising abilities for sports projects and activities.
• Must have wide practical experience in sports administration.
• Must be able to work for a minimum of five (5) years before attaining the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their applications together with curriculum vitae;
• In addition, candidates applying for the position should send a brief statement of their vision for the growth and development of Sports in the University for Development Studies and the strategies for achieving this, in not more than two pages of A4 size paper;
• Candidates should also include names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the address below:
University for Development Studies
P.O. Box TL 1350
Closing Date: 30 June, 2016