World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Job Title: PM&E Coordinator, Northern Region
To assist Technical Leads and APs to develop and manage technical programs effectively through planning, monitoring & evaluation and research for high quality ministry
- The position is based in Northern Regional Operations with regular level of domestic travels.
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Northern Regional Operations Manager.
- Support Regional Operation Managers and Sector Coordinators to coordinate assessments, designs/ redesign, baselines, evaluations and transitions activities at cluster and AP levels using partnership standards, guidelines and approaches.
- Facilitate Sector Coordinators and IDFs in the design of Annual APs multi-annual plans for planning, monitoring and evaluation for the measurement of programme progress which include the development of key indicators, alignment of DIP to budget and methodology for data collection
- Work closely with the PM&E specialist, Sector Coordinators and Managers to ensure logical flow and linkages in AP multi-annual plans.
- Facilitate the implementation of new initiatives related to PM&E within the framework of partnership and national policies
- Ensure that AP plans describe desired changes to CWB in alignment with NO strategy and demonstrate how programming approach, activities and outputs contribute to this change
- Work in close collaboration with programmatic sectoral technical specialists to ensure an integrated implementation approach in the projects & programs implemented by Aps
- Train Sector Coordinators, Integrated Development Facilitators and other Base staffs in the use of LEAP tools, templates, formats, standards and guidelines
- Provide hands on technical assistance, coaching and mentoring to Sector Coordinators and IDFs in concept paper development, proposal, field monitoring and evidence based reporting.
- Provide support to IDF and Sector Coordinators in the Horizon 3 upload and implementation
- Train Clusters Managers, Sector Coordinators and data collection teams in using mobile and web based technologies and systems data collection and analysis
- Provide technical backstopping in the production of Leap documents – including review and submission of semi-annual and annual programmes and projects reports as well as budgets and DIPs.
- Facilitate Cluster Managers and Sector Coordinator in preparing Base Child Well-being reporting.
- Work closely with the cluster Managers and Sector coordinators to ensure adequate coordination and supervision of ongoing and new projects.
- Support APs to use a comprehensive monitoring framework including mobile and web based technologies in systems for monitoring performance
- Undertake field-monitoring exercise to assess progress of the project implementation using standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
- Conduct quarterly analysis of programme performance in relation to budget for management decision making
- Support ADPs to develop POA to monitor the implementation of audit and evaluation recommendations, sponsorship KPIs and provide timely feedback to Project staff.
- Develop and maintain an updated database of all programme indicators (including CWBT) and periodically carry out meta-analysis of the information at Cluster and Base levels.
- Support AP/Cluster Managers to capture essential data required for entry into Horizon, and also to coordinate and provide timely feedback on review work flow processes at the Operation base level.
- Ensure that data privacy, data security, and backup protocols are implemented in the field through the relevant individuals/teams
- Documents and analyzes innovative strategies, best practices that can be replicated or scaled up
- Contribute input in support of research and grant proposals, publications and conference presentations at the Base level
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of ToRs for all evaluation and research activities at the Base level
- Liaise with Knowledge Management Unit in developing at least one case studies annually for publication
- Prepare quarterly presentations for to Base Teams on field finding and key lessons for management decision making
- Submit Base Monthly and Quarterly Base Monitoring Reports to PM&E Specialist
- Assist in supervising the operations of consultants to APs on PM&E events
- Participate in Semi-Annual DME retreats and PM&E learning events and networks that may also yield lessons that can benefit implementation of the monitoring and evaluation.
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- First Degree in development planning/research related.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in DM&E.
- Previous working experience in DM&E (World Vision) is preferred. Master’s Degree is an advantage.
- Skills and experience in LEAP/DM&E/CWB
- Sufficient knowledge of World Vision’s LEAP tools and ability to train others
- Good facilitation skills
- Good time management skills
- Adequate hands on experience in the construction and review of multi-year log frames and LEAP budget templates
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Adequate knowledge of MS Office suite and Lotus Notes, knowledge of other statistical packages such as SPSS an advantage
- Adequate knowledge and skills in data collection softwares such as ODK, GIS, etc.
- Adequate skills in planning and conducting research
- Ability to work and contribute to team building environment especially in a matrix reporting system
- Ability to exhibit a culture of responsiveness and initiative
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.