Posted on :
10 Nov, 2016
10 Nov, 2016
Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and implementing M&E processes and practices to measure project impact. S/he will be expected to train program staff to ensure performance indicators and output, outcome and impact data are prepared and collected properly in targeted geographic areas. This position is located in Accra, Ghana.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Statisitcs or other related field;
• 2-4 years of experience in developing and maintaining complex databases
• Knowledge of computer languages and systems MS Access, SPSS, Database, DBMS-R etc;
• Work experience in a multi-unit, geographically diverse organization strongly preferred;
• Ability to effectively communicate with project team members to understand and respond to project needs;
• Ability to solve complex problems in collaboration with other team members;
• Ability to train other staff in using technology and database;
• Ability to analyze and interpret data;
• Proven track record of IT decisions and implementation strategies;
• Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people;
• Ability to prioritize and juggle many requests;
• Ability to travel out to remote areas;
This is a local Ghana position. The salary, currency and benefits (if applicable) follow EDC Ghana’s policies and standards. There is no relocation available with this position.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.