Communications manager Jobs in Accra 2011
It’s our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners and opinion leaders about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you’ll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!). Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
The role: Communications Manager, West Africa
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team in West Africa, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders in West Africa; devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on understanding of journalists’ interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our users. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
- Assist with all communications activities for Google in West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal)
- Represent Google as a company spokesperson for a wide variety of media and blogger inquiries
- Collaborate with Google engineering, product, sales and marketing teams to create compelling communications strategies that illustrate the functionality and key benefits of our consumer and advertising products
- Develop close, productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, product reviewers and our key partners in West Africa
- Develop written materials, including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As, presentations and speeches
- Train and provide advice to company officials for press conferences, media interviews and trade presentations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- Professional experience in fast-paced business, media or non-profit environment, ideally in West Africa
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate appropriately
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and appreciate cultural differences
- Fluency in English and proficient in French, both verbal and written
Jobs in Accra Ghana 2011
Apply here online: http://www.google.com/jobs/africa/westafrica/markcomm/communications-manager-west-africa-accra/index.html