Posted on :
16 May, 2011
Job Announcement Number: HHS-CDC-OM-11-432458
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and globally by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; and individuals with disabilities. YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 AND/OR DD FORM 214.
This position is located in various geographical locations.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OD-11-432469 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
Overseas Assignments: Overseas assignments are for two years
and a rotational agreement must be signed. The assignment may be
extended based on the needs of the agency. Upon completion of the overseas assignment, CDC employees on temporary promotion/assignment will be placed in accordance with CDC placement procedures. Subsequent employment for all others for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
· This position is eligible for special pay allowances (e.g.,
post differential, housing, relocation, etc.).
· Immunizations are required and will be administered by the CDC
before relocating overseas.
· Security clearances are required for the selectee only and medical clearances are required for selectee and all family members before being posted overseas. Inability of the selectee to secure the clearances for overseas duty will result in termination of appointment to the position.
· Citizens or permanent residents of the host country are not
eligible to be considered.
· Current permanent status CDC employees will be processed using the appropriate temporary promotion or other temporary assignment authority for permanent employees CDC. The selectee will have statutory return rights to their permanent CDC position title, series, and grade once the overseas assignment is completed.
· Other current permanent status Federal employees will be hired on a term appointment. There are no statutory return rights. Subsequent employment for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
· All other selectees (e.g., reinstatement
eligible, veterans, persons with disabilities, etc.) will be hired through a term-appointment. Subsequent employment for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
· Additional information on living and traveling abroad may be
found at www.state.gov.
If selected you will:
Must possess a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor`s or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
Minimum Qualifications for Epidemiologist, GS-601-13/14/15:
In order to qualify applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (for which you are applying) in the Federal Service. Specialized experience involves participating in various aspects of epidemiological studies, survey design and processes by developing policy and objectives, appraising programs and initiating requirements for the studies. It also includes participating with scientific and program consultants in conducting searches or reviews of existing literature and data in a scientific area; developing research protocols and design and conducting studies, etc.
GS-13: To be eligible for this grade you must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level (or equivalent) in the Federal Service.
GS-14: To be eligible for this grade you must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level (or equivalent) in the Federal Service.
GS-15: To be eligible for this grade you must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-14 grade level (or equivalent) in the Federal Service.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant. If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Time in grade (TIG) must be met at the time of application.
5. All qualification requirements must be met at the time of application.
6. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
7. One-year probationary period may be required.
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be authorized.
9. Bargaining Unit Position: No
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized.
12. Travel required: Yes; as required by position
View more details and apply here: http://federalgovernmentjobs.us/jobs/Medical-Officer-Direct-Hire-Overseas-2166945.html